All-Star Worlds Scoresheets 2012

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I love how motions are worth the exact same as running tumbling and standing tumbling in Intl Open Coed 5! I also love how transitions and formations are worth MOREEEE than Standing and Running Tumbling!

On the Level 6 coed scoresheet it says that synch tumbling is 2 or more athletes per pass but the more you have the more points you will get so I think it is safe to say it needs to be 5 or 6 athletes.

I still feel like they are trying to cater to International teams by making tumbling worth so little. Many of the athletes that are on US international teams were once athletes on senior club teams so they are use to having tumbling actually counting for something. Now they go into a season where all the hard work they have been doing means nothing and instead it is all about stunting.

...and what is the incentive if you are a foreign team to get good tumbling? you don't need it, so why work on it?

I love this, and it's the first time I've EVER been truly excited to watch all star stuff. I'm big on stunts, and not one man but there's really 2-3 people underneath it stunts. I don't feel bad for the little guys at all. It's not hard to learn how to partner stunt, no matter what size you are. Having a full team toss target - stretch - double down section is easily doable, then choreograph an elite section for the big boys to do their thing. Instead of looking at it as tumbling taking a hit, I think this is something that opens up all stars to a whole new audience that weren't necessary before - big guys like me that can stunt the crap out of anyone, but probably won't be doing more then BHS/standing tucks for a looooong time.

Maybe this will help out the state of college cheer too. Forcing all the tumblers to partner stunt might make them interested in college cheer again!

So for the club divisions this is absoultey great. Here is why:

You now need to jump like Orange, Stunt like SE, Tumble like F5, Basket like panthers, Dance like WC... or you WONT max out. Scoring rangers are huge!!!!

For international the only teams we have seen that will do well is Mavericks and going off of Brandons Steels stunt them. You can't tumble your way to an international worlds ring anymore.

So for the club divisions this is absoultey great. Here is why:

You now need to jump like Orange, Stunt like SE, Tumble like F5, Basket like panthers, Dance like WC... or you WONT max out. Scoring rangers are huge!!!!

I think that is a very good way of putting it for this division. 10 point ranges are great, if reproducable when judged.

@kingston do you prefer the way the International scoresheet is set up with really cutting tumbling out so much? I know that Rays has an IOC6 team so I am interested in what your opinion of it is (good or bad).

Having a full team toss target - stretch - double down section is easily doable, then choreograph an elite section for the big boys to do their thing.
I'm laughing at this. Where do you live? Because that's not easily doable in New England where you're lucky if you can find 12 guys for an ioc6 team. We were probably the best coed 6 team in New England last year and we managed team toss libs, but a number of those had two guys underneath.

I'm not saying that I feel bad for the little guys - I think they still have a purpose. You still need tumbling, it's just not going to be the highlight of the routine. But then you can add big stunting guys who don't tumble or older athletes who no longer tumble but can still stunt. Those little boys can catch double downs and throw baskets and get involved in pyramids. You can put two of them together and they can do a stunt together in a team stunt to eek in one more if you don't have 12 guys who can do it on their own.

Edit: Is tumbling worth less than last year? It seems like we had this debate then.

I think that is a very good way of putting it for this division. 10 point ranges are great, if reproducable when judged.

Also, and not sure if everyone noticed, on baskets and jumps execution is worth more. On stunting and pyramids difficulty is worth more. On tumbling execution and difficulty are even. So we are now rewarding skills in the correct ways. No routine maxes out this socresheet at all. If the scoresheet looks intimidating.. it is.

I'm laughing at this. Where do you live? Because that's not easily doable in New England where you're lucky if you can find 12 guys for an ioc6 team. We were probably the best coed 6 team in New England last year and we managed team toss libs, but a number of those had two guys underneath.

I'm not saying that I feel bad for the little guys - I think they still have a purpose. You still need tumbling, it's just not going to be the highlight of the routine. But then you can add big stunting guys who don't tumble or older athletes who no longer tumble but can still stunt. Those little boys can catch double downs and throw baskets and get involved in pyramids. You can put two of them together and they can do a stunt together in a team stunt to eek in one more if you don't have 12 guys who can do it on their own.

Edit: Is tumbling worth less than last year? It seems like we had this debate then.

No more level 6 for us, just level 5 this year. But, for example, Rust last year would be winning this division by a VERY large amount.

Back