All-Star Worlds Spectator Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oct 24, 2010
do you think that it is cheaper to go as a spectator to worlds through the USASF packages or not??
are they actually strict about only having 4 people per room? like i definitely can't have 5?
and is there a possibility that the hotels are booked full already?
also, is it worth spending the money to go as a spectator?

sorry for so many ques.

do you think that it is cheaper to go as a spectator to worlds through the USASF packages or not??
are they actually strict about only having 4 people per room? like i definitely can't have 5?

sorry for so many ques.

I think it is generally cheaper as a spectator to NOT use the USASF packages. But that depends on a couple of things:
1. You don't plan on using this to visit the theme parks
2. You (or someone you're with) will have a car.

If either or both of those two aren't true, you need to use the package.

Yes, they are pretty strict about it. I won't say you can't hide something, but I wouldn't recommend it.

It is a possibility that many are already booked. But I doubt that Orlando will ever be booked solid. If you aren't going on the package, you should still have plenty of choices.

Only you can answer the last question.

It is has traditionally been about $25 bucks a day to go into the Wide World of Sports. You can get a hotel around there for $75 a night if you dont mind driving a little.

I believe the cheapest hotel package is $400 a person to put 4 people in a room (so $1600) Or do a commuter package which is $215 but all it really gives you is two full day park passes to Disney. Remember Disney and the WWW doesn't shut down for just us, so people are still in and out the whole time.

I believe if you buy a ticket the day of you have to get one that says you are watching cheerleading (the $25). I have found of all the exits and entries into the Milk house they don't really check, but Joston's only had one real entry and they do check there. Just easier to pay the $25 (and it is worth it to support Worlds in that way).

So, for 4 spectators on their own who get a hotel can expect to pay $425 total to go down to Orlando and stay.

well, were flying down and are not renting a car, so no we will not have a car.
it would also be nice to be able to visit the parks and go on rides.
these things considered, your saying it will be beneficial to get the package, correct?

sorry for so many ques.

From my past experiences, last year being the first year as a spectator, Me and about a half dozen other friends rented a house, In many ways that is cheaper than going to a hotel room for 4 days of stay, I only paid 69 dollars for that entire house stay, that would depend if you are going with adults versus taking your kids. It is definately worth it to go period! You will get to see the Best in the Cheerleading World!!! There are ways to make it work, you just need to plan very well.. It will be one of the best times of your life!

well, were flying down and are not renting a car, so no we will not have a car.
it would also be nice to be able to visit the parks and go on rides.
these things considered, your saying it will be beneficial to get the package, correct?
I have looked into both and if you do not have a car, I would say stay at a VALUE disney resort.... some websites offer the Disney pop resort for about 110 a night plus it gives you free shuttle service from/to the airport and also to the actual Worlds event..
Disney park passes are the expensive part... they can run anywhere from 180-250 a person.

Cost for hotel 110 per night (arriving Friday, leaving Monday) = 375.00 with taxes...
Then include in 25 per day for the event +50.00
Thats cost for just staying and going to worlds.

Where as the USASF packages include the park passes, worlds passes and Disney hotel...

so depends if you REALLLy want to see mickey.

This year, my trip to Worlds will consist of:

Flight home (I'm driving home with my mom): I found one for $110 one way out of MCO.
Hotel room at Pop Century: $75 per person staying in the room for the whole weekend.
Admission to the competition: $50
Spending money (food/souvenirs): Approx $120ish?

For a grand total of: Approximately $355

If you are going to go this year, I would suggest you get your flights ASAP before they go up in price... I wish I hadn't waited so long this year to plan everything because I could have easily found a one way flight for around $80.

As for your last question, is it worth spending the money to spectate, you bet your butt it is. I went last year and promised myself I would never miss it again. It was the best weekend of my life with all my friends in one place (which is only once or twice a year)!!

My sister and I took our first trip to Worlds as spectators last year. We did not book through USASF and booked through Expedia, actually. Our trip was solely for the purpose of attending the competition so we had no reason to purchase tickets for the parks. Our goal was to keep it under $300 and last year it was $290 + food. The $290 included our air travel, rental car, and hotel room. We arrived Friday and left Monday. We're doing the same thing this year for $309 (silly gas prices raising!). We stayed at the Destiny Palms hotel in Kissimee. Nothing fancy, but really nice for the price! It was about a 10-15 minute drive to the competition!

I definitely think it's worth the money to go as a spectator if you really, truly love cheerleading and if you can afford to go. We had a great time last year and met so many fun people (they mostly thought we were cheer spies.. nobody believed us that we didn't have an association with any teams).

My trip is under 300 right now, For Thursday-Monday. Flight, Hotel, Rental Car, and Milk House entry all factored in. Pretty cheap, I'd say! Definitely worth it!

I know it's been said, but renting a house/condo is usually the cheapest way to go. I got one last year (4 bedrooms with a pull out in the living room) less than five minutes from the Milkhouse for only $350 for four nights. Once everyone split that and pitched in for groceries, we still only spent about $150 each. (Saving on the housing definantly made up for the price to get into WWoS!!!)

thanks for all the input. it seems like if we want to go to the parks, the package is the best way to go.

eta: forgot my password for my other username (noelleann), this is my new one.

allstar87 said:
thanks for all the input. it seems like if we want to go to the parks, the package is the best way to go.

eta: forgot my password for my other username (noelleann), this is my new one.

PM Kingston or another admin and he can easily reset that for you.

Can anyone recommend a car rental company? I always see everyone getting really good prices, but, when I look, it's really expensive! Has anyone used any of the popular websites?

Latest posts

Back