All-Star Worlds Spectator Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I usually book my rental car through a travel website, i.e. expedia, travelocity.. with a hotel or flight. This is usually the "best" way I have gotten a deal. This year for Worlds we're renting from Hertz.

We rented from Thrifty last year and it was a HOT MESS. We arrived in Orlando pretty late (about 11pm) and the employee we spoke to filled our heads with all sorts of added charges and fees that we had never heard of, along with rules that seemed incorrect (i.e. being 25 is usually the requirement for driving a rental car, she said it was 26 and charged us an underage driving fee). When we arrived at Disney the next morning, we went to grab our backpacks out of the backseat and out rolled a Corona bottle. Yup, a BEER BOTTLE out of our rental car. Number 1, it was embarrassing to throw away the bottle at Disney World infront of the crowds swarming into Wide World of Sports, but 2- can you imagine if we had gotten pulled over the night before driving to our hotel? Recipe for disaster. Long story short, we complained when we dropped the car off and were told since we booked through Expedia, they couldn't refund our money. We asked for the underage driving fee back. The manager said he had no idea what we were talking about, nothing had been charged to our account. We explained to him about the woman on Friday night. He further explained that nothing we were telling him was factual policy of Thrifty. We ended up getting two coupons for future rentals but after that experience we are staying away.

Sorry for the long winded explanation- I'm still a little heated about it I guess, lol.

Latest posts

Back