All-Star Worlds Spectators Not Allowed To Watch Unless Associated With Team?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oct 2, 2011
My best friend and I were planning to head down to Orlando to watch Worlds, since neither of us are going on our senior trips. But she just informed me that her gym owner told her that they're not letting people spectate unless they're a parent/family, or apart of a team competing. Can anymore confirm or deny this to be true? If it is true, I think it's very unfair for the people who will probably never get a chance to compete at worlds but still want to experience it in its entirety. And if there is already a thread about this somewhere, please discard this one. I did some checking but didn't find anything.

It doesn't sound like it could be true, but I guess it is starting to get super packed now a days. But they should just pick a different venue

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

It doesn't sound like it could be true, but I guess it is starting to get super packed now a days. But they should just pick a different venue

This is what I've been saying. I understand that Disney is a great place for families to go when they're not watching/competing, but they're not there to go to Disney. They're there to watch Worlds. Disney is just a perk of holding Worlds at WWOS. With the popularity of our sport growing, what is so difficult about looking into other venues?

I highly doubt it... that would drop the amount of income earned during that weekend tremendously

That would be craziness, there's a lot of people that have already bought plane tickets, booked their hotel etc...

I thought it wasn't as packed last year as in 2012? It seems like a dumb move. Think about how much money Disney must make off spectators not associated with teams!

I could see them making everyone not affiliated go to the "outdoor viewing area". The problem they will have is how do you prove a person is not with a gym competing? Make everyone buy their tickets through their gyms?
Worlds outgrew their location a long time ago but signed a contract. I think this is the last year. I am still pitching AT&T Stadium here in Arlington...it can hold a ridiculous amount plus the party deck that is standing room. Within walking distance (or shuttle) is Arlington Convention Center that dance worlds can be held at. If you want to get really crazy you can tent Rangers Stadium and hold events in there. All 3 venues are within blocks of each other. Still want the theme park fun time? Six Flags over Texas is in the complex as well.
Oh but we want everything in one place! Okay then head over to Dallas Convention Center that has the arena, a ton of large convention halls, and a stage theatre.
But everything is always in Dallas! It's not fair! Okay then let's go to Houston...Reliant park has multiple convention centers and a stadium all in one location.
Texas is right in the middle of the country, easily accessible to all teams. And it should be moved every couple years.

My best friend and I were planning to head down to Orlando to watch Worlds, since neither of us are going on our senior trips. But she just informed me that her gym owner told her that they're not letting people spectate unless they're a parent/family, or apart of a team competing. Can anymore confirm or deny this to be true? If it is true, I think it's very unfair for the people who will probably never get a chance to compete at worlds but still want to experience it in its entirety. And if there is already a thread about this somewhere, please discard this one. I did some checking but didn't find anything.
I don't think you have to worry about this rumor as they make more money off the spectator fees then they do the teams. Each spectator pays $50+ to get in for the sake of watching 10-20 teams only, so they aren't going to bite off the hands that feed them. Now, there is a maximum number of spectators permitted in each auditorium so you will need to get there early for the larger more popular teams.

This is what I've been saying. I understand that Disney is a great place for families to go when they're not watching/competing, but they're not there to go to Disney. They're there to watch Worlds. Disney is just a perk of holding Worlds at WWOS. With the popularity of our sport growing, what is so difficult about looking into other venues?
I would be devastated if they chose another venue!! I'm sure all the convention centers could handle the teams competing, but there needs to be outside entertainment that only Disney offers, that is able to hold the large numbers of people attending the event. I'm not sure Six Flags can compete or hold that many people; Disney has 4 theme parks, 3 Water Parks and Downtown Disney which are all large enough to entertain the masses. I would love to know if anyone has ever posted numbers of people who attend Worlds and now The Summit???

hahaha i'd die. each year it seems like they are doing more and more to STOP people from coming to worlds lol.

Back