All-Star Worst Comp. Moments Ever!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

A few years ago a girl stepped on my shoe as we walked onto the mat to compete and made my shoe come halfway off. Luckily I was in a basket in the back during the beginning and could try to put it back on. I had it about 3/4 of the way on when the music started. It held up until jumps to handspring and flew off of my foot mid handspring. The shoe was in a girls way for her seat roll and she "gracefully" tossed it off of the mat as she stood up from her seat roll. Of course it was caught on video.

The same girl that had to pick up my shoe, Suzie, had something similar happen to her in 2008. We had to compete outside in a venue that resembled the bandshell in Daytona. During Suzie's roundoff for her running tumbling her shoe flew off and literally flew above the bandshell. It's on video and you can see the white speck just fly over it. As if that wasn't enough one of our friends that was watching beside the stage caught the shoe and screamed, "I got your shoe Suzie. It's okay, I got it. I got you girl!" One of the best competition moments of my life!

At UCA nationals at Disney 3 years ago, I had some sort of allergic reaction and woke up with basically a bubbly rash on one side of my face! I had to walk around for 5 days looking like something attacked me before it eventually went away! I laugh when I look at the pics from that trip cuz half of my face just looks so funny!

At a 2 day comp:

Day 1: The floor we competed on was backwards from what I was used to so I went the opposite way for baskets and by the time I realized I was wrong and running to the other side, baskets were already over. I felt like the stupidest person ever.

Day 2: During my tumbling pass a girl didn't get out of the way quick enough and I kicked her mid-back handspring and fell on my face. I didn't get to finish my pass

Once I was at a comp, and something awkward happened. My team got called on to the mat like normal, and then the music turned on. It was another team's music!!! The music stopped, and I looked into the seating area where the parents, coaches, and other gym members sat. They were from another gym!!! We then got called off whilst the right team was competing. And on our performance, on of our bases tripped and the whole pyramid fell. :banghead:

My senior year, my team just had an off-day, likely due to a super late competition time, like much later than we were used to. After nearly all of our stunts tanked (or at least bobbled), I was cross-tumbling with another girl and the floor was much bouncier than we were both used to. We both landed our passes, rebounded, and fell straight on our butts. Oops.

My senior year, my team just had an off-day, likely due to a super late competition time, like much later than we were used to. After nearly all of our stunts tanked (or at least bobbled), I was cross-tumbling with another girl and the floor was much bouncier than we were both used to. We both landed our passes, rebounded, and fell straight on our butts. Oops.
At least it was synchronized....

This one may sound stupid but when I was on j1, we were at Mardi Gras. It came time for the single base libs. Either I didn't set correctly or my flyer set early. Either way we both fell on our butts and I felt responsible.:(

It's not really devastating but more of a face-palm incident, when I was in 7th grade it was day 1 of our competition at Spirit Sports in Orlando and as I was running backwards I tripped over my own two feet and landed on my butt. No matter how many times I'd done the routine this was the first time I ever tripped. :p

UCA Nationals 2 years ago my team was waiting to go on and then they called a break. So we were sitting back stage and I threw up... Then one of the UCA workers asked me why I didn't throw up in the trash can. Sorry?

At least it was synchronized....
Reminds me of my son. He was sooooooo stoked the stunt that usually fell hit, when he threw his handspring tuck in running tumbling right after, he set that tuck over the heads of the entire team....it was EPIC....it was also so ridiculously high he completely overrotated it. Landed off his heels, back rolled and stood up.

Said to me, " maybe the judges didn't see it"

Um, honey....."EVERYBODY saw that."

DEDUCTION! Finished second, he was so upset and blamed himself.

Jamfest Indy this past year - we got called to the judges stand first day. we got called on 2 things in our pyramid - 1 thing they gave us a warning for, the other thing they gave us the biggest deduction they give. dropped us down to 6th place. we met with our team & had an emergency practice and fixed everything.
well day 2 we get called AGAIN!! the thing they gave us the warning on they said we did wrong, so another deduction! SO embarrasing to be called BOTH days! But despite that, we ended moving up to 2nd place!! so i guess it was the worst moment & the best moment!

One time at cheersport the worker told us we were supposed to be facing the opposite side and they opened the curtains. On the back side. Embarassing:oops:

Back