All-Star Worst Deductions Ever/can You Even Be Deducted For This?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This totally sucks, but it's written in the rules and all coaches should know. It was easily avoidable on your coaches' part.
Well yea but I mean I think it was just overlooked by our coaches because the same guy does our music every year and we never realized it, nor did anyone at any competition.

I just got a 10 pt deduction for stopping a routine due to injury...

I wish a short nail requirement would be enforced in cheerleading.

We have this in Sweden, and I always thought every cheerleader in the world had to keep their nails short. I think it's a great rule with a clear purpose (it hurts getting scratched!).

Another rule we have in Sweden is this:
"Hair color is to look natural. However, coloring parts of or your entire hair in your teams colors are allowed". What this means is I can have bright orange hair, but not green or blue. Meanwhile, @youbetterwork could have bright blue hair but not orange. I don't know if there has been deductions for this, but it's in the rulebook and I think it's a weird rule since there are no safety issues connected to hair color.

one competition for my individual stunt group we wanted to throw a back tuck basket that we were working on keep in mind we were only in the senior division making that toss illegal but anyway during our routine one of the girls did a standing tuck, and we got a deduction for that, but not that back tuck basket.

there was a video on youtube of a high school team where a girls weave fell off onto the mat, she was front and center during the dance......... is that a deduction

We have this in Sweden, and I always thought every cheerleader in the world had to keep their nails short. I think it's a great rule with a clear purpose (it hurts getting scratched!).

Another rule we have in Sweden is this:
"Hair color is to look natural. However, coloring parts of or your entire hair in your teams colors are allowed". What this means is I can have bright orange hair, but not green or blue. Meanwhile, @youbetterwork could have bright blue hair but not orange. I don't know if there has been deductions for this, but it's in the rulebook and I think it's a weird rule since there are no safety issues connected to hair color.
I've seen a girl compete with purple hair in a bright red uniform, it's very distracting.

We got a deduction for too many smiles/facials at a 2 day event. The next day we tried more natural smiles and less facials and got a deduction for lack of personality.

Back