Yes Or No To Crop Tops For Our Senior Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't care either way. I just think that the crop top rule should be across the board for everyone no matter what it is. If the crop top is inappropriate on an undeveloped little girl then I think it would be even more inappropriate on a "fully developed" 16 yr old minor too. I really don't think that way or care either way, but the hypocrisy of thinking its only ok for the girls whose bodies are more filled out is a little off to me.

Reallycoolcheermommy Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've worn crop tops my whole life in All Stars and it was never a topic of debate until recently. IMO parents find stuff to argue and fight about now. If you're daughter was a dancer and they handed you an outfit, you would say okay thanks. If you're daughter was a gymnast, her uniform would be a tight leotard. That's what the sport uses and what it's known for. Crop tops all the way :)

I've worn crop tops my whole life in All Stars and it was never a topic of debate until recently. IMO parents find stuff to argue and fight about now. If you're daughter was a dancer and they handed you an outfit, you would say okay thanks. If you're daughter was a gymnast, her uniform would be a tight leotard. That's what the sport uses and what it's known for. Crop tops all the way :)
You are a wise one Kemosabe!

Reallycoolcheermommy Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i personally like crop tops. but here's something to consider. USASF is changing their rules. one of the things is that if your uniform is a crop top, you must wear a t-shirt or jacket or something over it unless you are traveling directly to the warm up area of from the warm up area to the mat. also, in a few years, they aren't going to allow crop tops at all.

i personally like crop tops. but here's something to consider. USASF is changing their rules. one of the things is that if your uniform is a crop top, you must wear a t-shirt or jacket or something over it unless you are traveling directly to the warm up area of from the warm up area to the mat. also, in a few years, they aren't going to allow crop tops at all.
In a few years they will still allow crop tops, but only for senior teams. Any teams below senior age will not be able to have them.

In a few years they will still allow crop tops, but only for senior teams. Any teams below senior age will not be able to have them.
ohhh okay. my misunderstanding. i thought it was for all teams. i didn't know that senior teams would still be allowed to have them.

Personally, I feel I may not have much of a valid point to make here since in England ALL teams have full length tops. But from my point of view, I think it's what the girls feel comfortable and happy to compete in. It shows. If you love your uniform, it shows in your routine. So if the girls are going to be really excited and up for the new design then you should reason with the parents and just tell them that it's the girls competing, not them (in as polite a way as possible), and whatever makes the girls happy should be the main priority. Parents will never be happy, they'll always find something they don't like, but like I said... It's the girls who are competing, it shouldn't be dictated by what the parents neccessarily want. This is just my opinion of course! :)

Back