All-Star You All Knew This Was Coming!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Who owns the throne... and the Large Senior Golden Globe

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Okay a couple of things...

1. CEA has only dropped at worlds the past 2 years. 2008 they were amazing. (remember the crowd going crazy when the tick tocks hit).

2. If all three teams hit, it will probably be F5, SE, then SS based on difficulty. I do not believe that all three teams will hit though because it hasn't happened all year.

3. It really bothers me when world cup fans get on CEA so much for "faking" skills, because they definitely do it too. They have faked stunts consistently over the last couple of years, and yes I can give you examples if you really feel like trying to argue with me. (not hating, just pointing out the hypocrisy) Can we just all agree that every team does what they think that they need to do to impress the judges? Also I would like to point out that just because someone is doing a full in a tumbling pass does not mean that they are "faking a double". A pretty full is better than an ugly double. Summary: don't be a hypocrite.

4. Can we all please take a deep breath and remember that none of us are actually on any of these three teams, so we need to calm down a little with all of the arguing. Remember that there are younger ones on the board and things like this set a bad example for them. Get excited about the team that you support, but stop hating on the teams that they are competing against.

2. If all three teams hit, it will probably be F5, SE, then SS based on difficulty. I do not believe that all three teams will hit though because it hasn't happened all year.

3. It really bothers me when world cup fans get on CEA so much for "faking" skills, because they definitely do it too.

I would like to know what you are basing "DIFFICULTY" on?

Also, when a team is good at hiding their "watered down" skills then it is easier to miss them and critics will not be as harsh and neither will the judges. Without being a major fan of any of these three teams, F5 does a good job of hiding their whip fulls in the opening, the two to fulls within the two to doubles section, WCSS does a good job hiding their lack of flexibility of the ends of stunts and the flyers not doing the tick tocks, and CEA does a good job of hiding the fulls in the opening standing tumbling with the one to doubles, but does a poor job with the standing fulls and the amount of running fulls in the routine. CEA has a very well thought out routine that highlights necessary parts to obtain the difficulty they need and have created a crowd pleasing routine that puts on a show, which has helped them immensely in the past two years. Their crowd appeal has become greater than that of WCSS, but F5 is now gaining support and is getting much better at this. CEA also has above par execution in their stunts which sets them apart in stunting, but pretty fulls are still fulls, compared to the many more doubles thrown and landed on the other two teams.

World Cup fakes stunts when girls aren't hitting them. If you could have seen them practicing friday night in Indy. You would have seen 2 stunt groups struggling for 30 minutes trying to get it together. Then they decide if they are going to be taken out or not at warm ups or the practice right before. There is a big difference between choreography girls without the skills and taking out a skill in warm ups so you can hit.

World Cup fakes stunts when girls aren't hitting them. If you could have seen them practicing friday night in Indy. You would have seen 2 stunt groups struggling for 30 minutes trying to get it together. Then they decide if they are going to be taken out or not at warm ups or the practice right before. There is a big difference between choreography girls without the skills and taking out a skill in warm ups so you can hit.

I have to disagree. The judges don't care whether a stunt was choreographed that way or if it was changed five minutes before competition due to last minute complications. A faked skill, is faked skill. Judges aren't interested in your backstory of why a skill is "disguised" or "faked". What you compete is what they score. To think otherwise is ludicrous. And if you think that's unfair, here's a thought don't choreograph skills into your routine that can't hit consistently at the time of choreography.

world cup has been borking me within the last couple of years, i dont know what it is.. dont get me wrong theyre an amazing team always have been always will be.. i feel like i get more excitement out of watching cea or f5

Ikr. I like WCSS, but I find CEA/F5 more...interesting.
F5 has an amazing pyramid and great formations.
CEA has incredible stunts, pyramids, a new dance, etc.
But, WCSS isn't as..I dunno.

I have to disagree. The judges don't care whether a stunt was choreographed that way or if it was changed five minutes before competition due to last minute complications. A faked skill, is faked skill. Judges aren't interested in your backstory of why a skill is "disguised" or "faked". What you compete is what they score. To think otherwise is ludicrous. And if you think that's unfair, here's a thought don't choreograph skills into your routine that can't hit consistently at the time of choreography.

I don't think you're understanding the point of his post. He is not trying to explain the judging aspect of the routine, but rather the skill level of the teams and the necessity of a less difficult skill because it is not consistent at a particular moment versus not being choreographed into the routine.

I don't think you're understanding the point of his post. He is not trying to explain the judging aspect of the routine, but rather the skill level of the teams and the necessity of a less difficult skill because it is not consistent at a particular moment versus not being choreographed into the routine.

Lol yeah I really don't think I am. What exactly is the difference between incorporating a less difficult skill into a routine because it is not consistent at a particular moment versus not being choreographed into the routine? And more importantly, why is it relevant?

And @garrett426 I'm not sure if your post was directed at me, but if so I realize that we are talking about teenage girls, considering I am one. And what high unfathomable expectations are we setting, exactly? And what do you mean by "some of you don't even make"?

It is safe to say I am officially confused :confused:.

Lol yeah I really don't think I am. What exactly is the difference between incorporating a less difficult skill into a routine because it is not consistent at a particular moment versus not being choreographed into the routine? And more importantly, why is it relevant?

And @garrett426 I'm not sure if your post was directed at me, but if so I realize that we are talking about teenage girls, considering I am one. And what high unfathomable expectations are we setting, exactly? And what do you mean by "some of you don't even make"?

It is safe to say I am officially confused :confused:.

nooo it wasnt at you. and yes definitely people on here have high expectations. i mean these girls are doing things most teams dont do yet people are "bored" or "they could use more difficulty." i personally don't see how you can be bored with any of these teams jmo.

Back