All-Star 2012 London Olympics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

okay "imagine" was probably the weirdest, most inappropriate song for the Olympics. "Imagine there's no countries" ...so what did the past 17 days mean? Come on, England.

Maybe they wanted to focus more on the line - 'Imagine all the people living life in peace' in the hope of the Olympics maybe promoting peace amongst countries (even if only for a short time)

But I do agree with you the countries line is maybe a bit inappropriate!

okay "imagine" was probably the weirdest, most inappropriate song for the Olympics. "Imagine there's no countries" ...so what did the past 17 days mean? Come on, England.
I thought the song was perfect! To me it's about coming together after these weeks of competitions. We are all people after all. The "imagine there's no countries" line to me was about breaking down our divisions and what separates us and realizing that although we may compete against one another and in the bigger since, fight each other in wars, we are all very similar. "Imagine no possessions, I wonder if you can. No need for greed or hunger. A brotherhood of man." We place so much importance on things like winning medals and being the best when in the big scheme of things that's not what the games and life in general are about.

It's seriously one of the best songs ever written in my opinion. So simple but so complex at the same time. I think it's perfect for the end of the games as if to say these games were fun competing against each other but now it's time to put our differences aside and celebrate our similarities. I wish they would have used it when they were extinguishing the flame. The fact that it was such a contrast to the games made it just right.

tumblr_m8oa32byFM1rdpa5go1_500.jpg

How is McKayla NOT impressed with the Spice Girls?!

I don't find this funny, because it's impossible.

Girl wasn't even a year old yet when Wannabe came out. I bet she doesn't even know who they are. That saddens me. :(
She may know. I'm 17 and she's 16 and I was a huge fan of them when I was little (of course my mom made us listen to her music so that's how I knew but still..)

I thought the song was perfect! To me it's about coming together after these weeks of competitions. We are all people after all. The "imagine there's no countries" line to me was about breaking down our divisions and what separates us and realizing that although we may compete against one another and in the bigger since, fight each other in wars, we are all very similar. "Imagine no possessions, I wonder if you can. No need for greed or hunger. A brotherhood of man." We place so much importance on things like winning medals and being the best when in the big scheme of things that's not what the games and life in general are about.

It's seriously one of the best songs ever written in my opinion. So simple but so complex at the same time. I think it's perfect for the end of the games as if to say these games were fun competing against each other but now it's time to put our differences aside and celebrate our similarities. I wish they would have used it when they were extinguishing the flame. The fact that it was such a contrast to the games made it just right.
It nearly brought me to tears

Let’s keep in mind that the Olympics are not really over yet. There is still the Paralympics that are set to compete. Our own Rick Rogers will be taking part in them. The next wave of athletes set to take over London is Fierce and have more heart and drive than the ones that just left.

It saddens me that there was only one reference all night to them and it was by the IOC President. These athletes need our support as well. To be honest it really has me Pi$$ed off with the lack of attention and promotion. They are Olympic Athletes as well.

NBC made no reference to upcoming games. Just flat out wrong in my book.

Here is a question;

We hope one day that cheerleading is recognized as a Sport and that it be included in the Olympics. Do you think the cheerleaders could participate in something like the closing ceremonies? I question because we can’t even have a Worlds Block Party at Disney without all Heck breaking out and Worlds is compared to the Olympics?

Back