All-Star 2012 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm not on either side of the argument as I tend to try and keep away from drama but I have to say ... At some point you get to the maturity level to know there is a huge difference in having an opinion and just being mean. Most adults can voice their opinion without being mean to others. I think its perfectly OK to say you dont like a routine or a uniform, etc... but just being downright cruel to other people, not OK. When you sign up with a username with "mean" in it and then make statements like " I'll say whatever to whoever whenever I want" it's obvious what your intentions are. I do not know MeanJ personally and Im sure he is a perfectly lovely person but just because you like someone or you are friends with them doesnt mean that the things they do and/or say are OK. How can we expect our children to have respect for others when we think its perfectly OK for adults to be disrespectful, not only to other adults but to children! Yes, anyone who doesn't like what he says can block him, however that still doesn't make it OK for him to constantly belittle other people.

OK off my soapbox now.

I agree, not all the things he says are ok. And yes, his name IS MEANj, but I also don't agree with hitting below the belt - from EITHER side. And the last couple of pages have been multiple people doing that.
Whether in reference to meanj or to any of the others saying their piece on this thread - if you can dish it out, I hope you can take it. Don't want any feelings hurt over words.

I agree, not all the things he says are ok. And yes, his name IS MEANj, but I also don't agree with hitting below the belt - from EITHER side. And the last couple of pages have been multiple people doing that.
Whether in reference to meanj or to any of the others saying their piece on this thread - if you can dish it out, I hope you can take it. Don't want any feelings hurt over words.
What was said that is considered "below the belt?"

I'm not on either side of the argument as I tend to try and keep away from drama but I have to say ... At some point you get to the maturity level to know there is a huge difference in having an opinion and just being mean. Most adults can voice their opinion without being mean to others. I think its perfectly OK to say you dont like a routine or a uniform, etc... but just being downright cruel to other people, not OK. When you sign up with a username with "mean" in it and then make statements like " I'll say whatever to whoever whenever I want" it's obvious what your intentions are. I do not know MeanJ personally and Im sure he is a perfectly lovely person but just because you like someone or you are friends with them doesnt mean that the things they do and/or say are OK. How can we expect our children to have respect for others when we think its perfectly OK for adults to be disrespectful, not only to other adults but to children! Yes, anyone who doesn't like what he says can block him, however that still doesn't make it OK for him to constantly belittle other people.

OK off my soapbox now.

Completely agree and if you are someone that has such strong opinions and who doesn't need to consider others feelings, that is what you will get back because you're a strong guy right with thick skin....I always thought if you shimmy a comment you like it or agree with it. I dont agree with him, thus no shimmies......;)

Cheerforce Senior Black. There are 2 boys on the floor, me being one of them (as their coach) We were not there to tumble to highlight the routine by any means. We had SEVERAL injuries getting these girls prepared and me and our other boy were needed to help the girls get on the floor. The blonde girl that runs through most of the routine, breaks her elbow within 15 seconds of the routine, so please help keep the comments positive, these girls have worked hard, and again this was back in the beginning of december. ENJOY!!

(ps sorry about the videographers comments haha, even tho they had me laughing)

She broke her elbow and kept going?! I didn't even notice til I saw her not tumble then jump in to fly into the stunt. Props to her!

All I said was it makes sense. No bullying there. I wasn't posting pictures or videos or disrespecting another gym. :)

What was said that is considered "below the belt?"

Really? Posting someone's personal facebook page without their consent? Putting their real name out there? You called him acting like an "a$$," and someone calling him a "snarky jerk," I'd say are pretty below the belt. It's petty name-calling, and it's childish to respond to a routine criticism with that.

I totally agree, its not OK on either side.

Really? Posting someone's personal facebook page without their consent? Putting their real name out there? You called him acting like an "a$$," and someone calling him a "snarky jerk," I'd say are pretty below the belt. It's petty name-calling, and it's childish to respond to a routine criticism with that.
Let's take the items that I am responsible for: He was acting like an @$$. And I still stand by that. He does it often. Do you disagree?

BTW did you read post #1146 on page 58?

Let's take the items that I am responsible for: He was acting like an @$$. And I still stand by that. He does it often. Do you disagree?

BTW did you read post #1146 on page 58?

I wouldn't call him "acting like an a$$," no. What I see is mainly gossip-y, but I'm not in the habit of calling names.
Yes, I read the post, and I don't like the tone, but he still didn't call names. He said his normal meanj thing - come at me and I'll come back 10 times harder, which is what he typically does. Don't think that's necessary either, hence my response earlier about not liking it on either side.
He never said, though, in the afore-mentioned routine critique "this team sucks." He didn't say "they look like a$$es on the floor." He pointed out, what he feels, is a skill, or lack thereof, flaw. I personally don't agree with his opinion one bit on this, but that's completely irrelevant to this discussion.

Latest posts

Back