All-Star 2013-2014 New Uniforms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Isn't your son on Coed Elite? I wouldn't say they are invisible! Why do you think they are? (I'm being curious, not rude!:))
I say that comparatively (and not in a bad way, I don't mean it bad) but coed doesn't get nearly the sort of following/attention/drama as others in our program or in his division. (And this is really my perspective as an outsider since were new). So comparatively, they're invisible. If there's CEA talk going on it's generally not about his team and if there's talk about large coed going on it tends to be more with cheetahs, Cali or TGLC. Coed is sortof the after thought. Both positive and negative. When their video goes up they'll get a few errant comments, when another team in the division is posted (or SE or SSX) they'll get pages of comments.

Which again, works for me. He gets to be on a team that matches his goals and intensity and I get to avoid the vast majority of the drama so it all works out well. The good thing about being less talked about is that you're less talked about ;)

Not sure if that makes sense, and again I see all that as a good thing!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Not 12Step but I think she means Coed doesn't get the level of snark and hate here like their sister team.....also meaning invisible on FB. When a video is posted they get a few critiques and a few I love that team's but none of the vitrol aimed at SE.

Not invisible at CEA though because honestly, they're really gelling and it show's when they take the mat! They've been the most consistent team in Kernersville this season!

I see I see, that makes more sense! I thought she meant in terms of winning big competitions/hitting etc and was like :eek::eek::eek:. But yes, I agree, they are critiqued less than SE.

Not 12Step but I think she means Coed doesn't get the level of snark and hate here like their sister team.....also meaning invisible on FB. When a video is posted they get a few critiques and a few I love that team's but none of the vitrol aimed at SE.

Not invisible at CEA though because honestly, they're really gelling and it show's when they take the mat! They've been the most consistent team in Kernersville this season!
Well said (probably better than me). And I will say he loves his team to the moon and back. He's found an entirely new gear just being around kids as intense as he is. He's loving every minute of it :) they've been on fire in these Dallas practices so I'm hoping his first trip (ever) to nca is everything he hopes it will be. #fingerscrossed

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Usually our uniform cycle is around 3 year's. In April, SE will have worn that white uniform for 2 years. It goes quickly. LOL

Half or full top?? I guess we'll all have to wait until NCA to see!!

Do you think SE and Coed Elite will still wear the old uniforms, since they are fairly new? Day 1/Day 2 uniforms?

Do you think SE and Coed Elite will still wear the old uniforms, since they are fairly new? Day 1/Day 2 uniforms?

Like I said above, SE uniform's will be 2 years old in April. I think we'll keep them another year. Once the new uniform is competed in I could see a Day 1/Day 2 thing happen maybe?!?! This is all purely speculation on my part and if I've learned anything it's to expect the unexpected so....probably your guess is as good as mine!!!

I can't guess about Coed ....... But wouldn't be surprised to see Day 1/Day 2 options for them as well.

Sochi-olympics-2014-ice-dancing-figure-skating-costumes16.jpg

Girls everywhere are aspiring to be an Olympian right now....a sport with real class....and "appropriate" costumes...oh....wait....

Can we just keep in mind that this routine is telling a story? Figure skating routines are embellished with a not-insignificant amount of acting. A number of the top skaters are employing acting coaches in addition to their dance/skating coaches.

99% of cheer teams do not tell stories. Which is why they wear 'uniforms' and not 'costumes,' for the most part (language eccentricities ignored). I personally can't see the comparison until cheerleading teams start to tell stories with their 2:30.

Can we just keep in mind that this routine is telling a story? Figure skating routines are embellished with a not-insignificant amount of acting. A number of the top skaters are employing acting coaches in addition to their dance/skating coaches.

99% of cheer teams do not tell stories. Which is why they wear 'uniforms' and not 'costumes,' for the most part (language eccentricities ignored). I personally can't see the comparison until cheerleading teams start to tell stories with their 2:30.
From what I understand Top Gun's uniforms and choreography are to go along with their music thus telling a story like in ice skating. I don't pay much attention to the words of the music and I am busy watching the amazing routines that these level 5 teams put out on the floor so I don't tie them together. But I am one of those people who listens to a song and likes it but has no idea what is about.

I love the concept of designing your uniform to go along with your music and choreography.

Rude and unnecessary. And I'm pretty sure with the pages and pages of people discussing appropriate and inappropriate comments about the uniform already got this opinion out of the way.

Edited by Ashley to remove the quote.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back