All-Star 2013 Cheer Extreme Showcase......come Be A Vip!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

F5

Panthers.

Senior Elite.

World Cup.

I hope everyone who wants to see cheer flourish as a sport will judge teams by things that are the most objective in a routine. Things like athleticism, stamina, strength, timing, synchronization, technique, landings, flexibility, competence, perfection of routine, difficulty of skills. Subjective things such as passion, hunger, humility, determination and yes showmanship are subject to the bias of the observer by definition and need to be a part of the formula but not the determining factor. I look at those routines and I see different styles, but on the things that can be compared who hit the landings, whose timing in stunts were best, who had the best flexibility, who had their chests up, whose jumps and skills were most synchronized and done with strength, whose double downs were timed the best, who had their legs together, who had the best spacing, who hit the skills solidly without travel, who competed the best skills in total with the best technique? We pay the judges to make the decision and they are the best in the world the USASF can find in this most scrutinized division. They spoke.

BTW, to my friends at CEA. Great day and congratulations. Looks like an exciting year for you all.

29qmfxs.gif

Still bitter about F5 in '09? Well that'd be…ME! I coached them that year and they were the talk of the all star cheerleading. We won every single competition (12 out of 14) except NCA and Worlds. We even beat the World Champions the weekend before Worlds with a perfect routine! Ughhhhh you busted open an old wound and now I might need stitches LMAO! :mad::D:rolleyes:

Ok now back to our regularly schedule topic…The CEA Showcase! HAHA :p
Sorry :( :p That upset was like a volcano of anger.. For the record, and I'm sure nobody will believe me now that there's no board evidence- I was on that bandwagon that year. Oh how things change.

To be honest I am not impressed with the SE routine as it is today (I couldn't actually tell what the stunts and passes were because there was so much going on) however I know this routine and all of the Large Senior All girl routines are going to change a million times before worlds so I'll get over it. But holy moly did they ever improve their tumbling from last year! there were so many doubles it made my head spin. I can't wait to see what the rest of the large all girl teams.

How did they look cocky when they were in 3rd by like 20 points after day 1?

You guys need to go start your own thread thats called "Stars and Panthers are better than Senior Elite" and leave the rest of us alone.
Nobody said they actually were cocky.... It's that their passion comes across as confident/cocky to the person. THATS NOT A BAD THING. Going on the floor like you own it isn't bad. It's a good way to perform if that's what works for you and that makes you feel confident. Especially if you're down by a bit, you have to go out there and act like the day before never happened. I like seeing teams who look like they own it.... But there's also nothing wrong with the way other teams perform either. That's what the post was saying. Not that they actually believed they had it in the bag.... It was not a negative post about SE so there's no reason to say "go start your own thread."
Everyone needs to calm down and read a little more carefully.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

"Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends?
Sometimes I don't speak, bright. But yet I know what I'm talking aboooouuut!"

Lol. Does that not fit well with this whole conversation/argument? Hahaha I'm sorry

People never cease to amaze me. I told a friend the other night, senior elite has crazy fans and crazy haters, they make people feel strongly on each end of the spectrum. That's not such a bad place to be in my opinion. Still, it's amazing how silly some of the crazy haters sound when they try to put down their uniform, their music, and their routine.

First of all, do not bring up social media or any of that nonsense to me when I'm discussing how a team came across to ME PERSONALLY during a performance.
Secondly, I never once said cockiness was a bad thing. GT Pink (as humble as they are) always come across as RIDICULOUSLY cocky on the floor. It works for them, it works for many teams, and it sure as hell worked for Senior Elite.
I don't believe that ANY of the girls in the large senior division went into finals legitimately feeling cocky. How could you in that division? But THAT is the kind of vibe I got from Senior Elite. I tried my best to put it into words and I can try again. Senior Elite had the "I got this!" kind of vibe to them, and World Cup had a completely different kind of vibe. Like they were making a last ditch, all-or-nothing go at an incredible performance. I saw no self-doubt, no hesitance, none of that from the girls of Senior Elite. I loved that about them. Again, I never said it was a bad thing. From World Cup I saw a bunch of girls who embraced every emotion, good and bad, and used that to fuel them. I can only speak from Worlds 2013, as that is the first time I've seen either of those teams perform live, but that was the instance being brought up.

I like SE's routine, but there just seems to be too much going on at once. Their standing tumbling always just seems too busy to me and so does their first stunt sequence, but they've definitely got some great skills and a strong routine. Their second stunt sequence is my favorite part. All the base transitions and everything are pretty cool. It's only their showcase though so I'm sure they'll clean everything up and maybe it won't look so sloppy to me.

Also, SSX looks pretty great! I just don't like their little pyramid/stunt thing they do before their first stunt. It just seems so random? Anyways they look good overall.

Don't get me wrong...I'm always going to be team senior elite...but the choreo in the back during tumbling never ceases to irritate and distract me.

Last year they did that mess that looked like the Carlton. They took it out day two at worlds.

Now this year they're back there Cupid shuffling and doing the wobble. Like can they not. It's so messy.

cupid shuffling lol yes I think there is a lot that needs to come out of that routine but the skills were good

Back