All-Star 2016-2017 Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mind BLOWN. I thought boomslangs were just a Harry Potter invention.
Well played, JK Rowling.

c2fa17fb6bef7132a29ee1cc816fec4c.jpg
interested to see them in large senior but I'm not sure why it's that impressive about the time zones. Haha it seems like a silly fact.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

interested to see them in large senior but I'm not sure why it's that impressive about the time zones. Haha it seems like a silly fact.

Lol at that first comment. It will be interesting to see them though.

Didn't they originally announce as medium with a roster of like 32 or 33 with intentions to move some to alternates? If so, it's not all that strange (as long as they really have the talent to sustain themselves in large senior.) *It bothered me when the CEA Charlotte large team last season got a worlds bid, then a summit bid as R5, then contemplated having new tryouts and staying large, etc. so as long as they don't follow in those footsteps, I'm good.

*I know that's within the rules, and teams may realize that they aren't as competitive as they thought they initially would be and it's their right to move down a division... but not a month before the end of the season. It's shady.

Didn't they originally announce as medium with a roster of like 32 or 33 with intentions to move some to alternates? If so, it's not all that strange (as long as they really have the talent to sustain themselves in large senior.) *It bothered me when the CEA Charlotte large team last season got a worlds bid, then a summit bid as R5, then contemplated having new tryouts and staying large, etc. so as long as they don't follow in those footsteps, I'm good.

*I know that's within the rules, and teams may realize that they aren't as competitive as they thought they initially would be and it's their right to move down a division... but not a month before the end of the season. It's shady.
Using this as a jumping point. General comment - large senior and large coed are the easiest divisions to make finals at Worlds and an automatic win at many regular competitions. There are about 5 very strong teams in each division each year and I feel like the remaining teams are only in the division for the auto-advance, so having a large team is far less impressive IMO than trying to field a competitive small or medium team.

Using this as a jumping point. General comment - large senior and large coed are the easiest divisions to make finals at Worlds and an automatic win at many regular competitions. There are about 5 very strong teams in each division each year and I feel like the remaining teams are only in the division for the auto-advance, so having a large team is far less impressive IMO than trying to field a competitive small or medium team.
Well passion has always been large (large senior 4, large restricted 5) so I think this was just the natural next step in this case
I'm excited to see them!

Well passion has always been large (large senior 4, large restricted 5) so I think this was just the natural next step in this case
I'm excited to see them!
Yes they've always been impressive but the jump from large restricted 5 to large senior 5 is a very large one.

its getting there! off the top of my head- ACE had 1, RND had 1, sharks had 3, pct had 1
VAS used to have one back in 2011 and previous.. had a LA5 AND LC5 and a Jr Worlds team back in the day of JR.s at worlds. then everyone aged up leaving us with Ice Queens and no one to fill the spot

im also confused why this is impressive? what is that impressive about putting your teams from your own gym up against eachother? i know they arent in the same location but they still are both cheer extreme.

Back