All-Star 3 Year Old Bhs

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

You're right. The BHS is a quicker movement. However the core strength necessary to do a BWO is also necessary to to a good BHS. If your gym teaches a different progression then I strongly suggest asking the coaches for suggestions.

I was just about to say this! They need the skills and strength from obtaining the BWO prior to moving to the BHS> it's imperative the have the core strength to protect. the developing spine. Give her time, when her body is ready she will get it.

I think I'm just going to delete this post....no one in this group wants to answer my question they jsut want to give their own opinion that I shouldnt allow her to do the bhs....no one is listening to the fact that she almost has it by herself.....she jst has a mental block with throwing it on her own....im not going to wait the next 2 years out jsut so everyone can think shes old enough to do it

Ever think it is a body block, NOT a mental block??? You shouldn't shame people trying to get you to understand how important it is to keep your daughter safe. Just sayin

Forget the 3 yo-- I want to know if her dog can do this

<delete link>

eta....it won;t link or let me imbed :( and it was cute

Last edited:
Compulsories are the worst since they all do they same thing, optionals are a little better. I will say that I got a lot more nervous at gymnastics competitions since they atmosphere is so quiet and stressful.

Hi Sportygal2012, I read your post and I must disagree with most of your statements... My daughter is an ex-gymnast, who blew me out the water by the revelation she was given up her leotards to be an All-Star Cheerleader:jawdrop:.... My daughter was a product of the Compulsory system and I must say, it is boring, but it is a necessary evil... I think, that the All-Stars are trying to put in place measures to ensure that skills are performed properly, but I think, that there is more a concern with the entertainment factor involve that does not in gymnastics, so gymnastics is able to put in place a better compulsory system... The compulsory system helps with making sure gymnasts are being trained to do the basics skills appropriately before moving to optional and throwing skills that they are ill-prepared to perform, additionally, it is there to separate the cream from the ho hum, unfortunately!!!... Gymnastics stressing 'Perfection before Progression' might be the best move... Right now, I am actually more nervous and cringing when I watch Cheerleading competition because I am seeing more and more athletes encouraged to throw skills that they have not been properly trained to perform....

Hi Sportygal2012, I read your post and I must disagree with most of your statements... My daughter is an ex-gymnast, who blew me out the water by the revelation she was given up her leotards to be an All-Star Cheerleader:jawdrop:.... My daughter was a product of the Compulsory system and I must say, it is boring, but it is a necessary evil... I think, that the All-Stars are trying to put in place measures to ensure that skills are performed properly, but I think, that there is more a concern with the entertainment factor involve that does not in gymnastics, so gymnastics is able to put in place a better compulsory system... The compulsory system helps with making sure gymnasts are being trained to do the basics skills appropriately before moving to optional and throwing skills that they are ill-prepared to perform, additionally, it is there to separate the cream from the ho hum, unfortunately!!!... Gymnastics stressing 'Perfection before Progression' might be the best move... Right now, I am actually more nervous and cringing when I watch Cheerleading competition because I am seeing more and more athletes encouraged to throw skills that they have not been properly trained to perform....
Agree completely on cheer versus gymnastics. I have taught it for many years. It is all about the little things and progression. Sometimes cheer is all about chucking the skill and less about being ready to do so. Toes pointed and body form does not count as much as just landing a full/double. Whole different world on some levels!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I totally agree with what you are saying, but I was more saying that I got more nervous when I was competing, then when I compete at cheer competitions. I understand why compulsory is necessary, I was just saying it's boring to watch. Yes, I cringe too while watching cheer competitions especially during tumbling. It's not just because I see girls throwing skills they aren't ready for, but because their technique is awful.

Hi Cheermomforever, I totally agree with your statements...you know, my daughter trained for 5 years as a gymnast and I remembered so many more lessons where she was taught how to safely fall out of tumbling maneuvers; so many of the gymnasts at the beginning stages are less injuries and I think having this knowledge helps and cut down on the number of mental blocks that is happening more and more in cheerleaders... Frankly, all of my daughter's gymnastics ex-teammates (10) are still thriving and we do not know anyone in gymnastics that are suffering from tumbling mental blocks, but just in the 2 years of cheer I met more than 15 cheerleaders with mental blocks and I witnessed so many who fall like crash dummies,,, we sorely need compulsories in cheer.... Sorry for the long rant!:mad:

Her mom was basically holding an unofficial "meet & greet" with her. All week she has been blowing up social media with "first one to find my baby gets a bow!" Really? You want total strangers looking for your 2 year old at a major comp. Sounds safe....

No good can come of this! I hope all those adoring fans came rushing that poor girl and now realize that she could care less about her fan base and that they are all following her mom basically.

Her mom was basically holding an unofficial "meet & greet" with her. All week she has been blowing up social media with "first one to find my baby gets a bow!" Really? You want total strangers looking for your 2 year old at a major comp. Sounds safe....

WOW!! Really....

:)

OMG, I been reading about this poor baby; this little baby is being exploited by her Mom, but I also read that the Mom is also young... I believe Baby Alyss is suffering from a definite case of child abuse (emotional, verbal, potentially physical, if Baby Alyss decides that she hates doing back headsprings and hates trying to pull scorpions and she wants to go to school, wants to study and do her homework...I am afraid this Mom will go ballistic and force her to perform. (But I so hope that I am wrong on this matter!) What needs to happen is Grandma or a favorite Auntie should step forward and takes Baby Alyss and free her from her Mom's madness! :mad::(

Back