All-Star Angel On Today: Guinness World Record

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Also, to break the record does it have to be under the same circumstances? For example; the videos coming out of people going over 10, would they have to do it on the air track to beat Angels record? These new ones coming out are all on spring floors, so wouldn't that technically be a different record? I feel like the GBOWR people are super picky about that stuff? Or am I wrong and just making that stuff up :help:???

Also, to break the record does it have to be under the same circumstances? For example; the videos coming out of people going over 10, would they have to do it on the air track to beat Angels record? These new ones coming out are all on spring floors, so wouldn't that technically be a different record? I feel like the GBOWR people are super picky about that stuff? Or am I wrong and just making that stuff up :help:???

You'd know if you could read the paper they gave her. For example, when Sophia broke the record for turning in dance it was specifically IN tap shoes. Unless the award is 10 on an air mat; the location wouldn't matter.

World Cup posted on their Insta that a worlds team athlete is trying to break the record tonight. They used a GBOWR picture so I guess there will be a representative there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I figured it would be a record that would be broken fairly quickly but Angel isn't taking too kindly to it on twitter[emoji53]

Last edited:
World Cup posted on their Insta that a worlds team athlete is trying to break the record tonight. They used a GBOWR picture so I guess there will be a representative there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WC just commented on the pic that they don't have a representative there, 'just an elite athlete who wants to hop in the double game'

Last edited:
I feel like we could say his name, but I won't. Here is the video:

World Cup Allstars | Facebook
I immediately thought of this athlete at WC easily breaking that record... I actually witnessed quite a few athletes from this gym who are able to do this and when watching Angel doing it on TV, I felt that this record will be broken quickly by a lot of male athletes, who are always doing that "hotdog" type tumbling (back and forth tumbling)

Last edited:
Floor type aside I believe Angel had to have a connecting skill between each double and therefore couldn't throw double doubles like these other athletes are so how can you compare them? Still very impressive regardless but just not the same.

**Sometimes I day dream Cheer Son is almost as good as Susie and then reality sets in**

Floor type aside I believe Angel had to have a connecting skill between each double and therefore couldn't throw double doubles like these other athletes are so how can you compare them? Still very impressive regardless but just not the same.

**Sometimes I day dream Cheer Son is almost as good as Susie and then reality sets in**
@Cheer Dad, I don't believe that what was said...This lady told Angel, she must have completed 720 degree doubles and she can do as many bhs between, but this lady did not say, she must do bhs between each doubles and I also thought the lady mentioned changing direction, but I was not sure, if the doubles were suppose to be in different directions between each... So, the guy from WC was doing 3 doubles on average per direction (ala tumbling pass)...I guess I go back and listen to the instructions again.

Last edited:
@Cheer Dad, I don't believe that what was said...This lady told Angel, she must have complete 720-doubles and she can do as many bhs between, but this lady did not say, she must do bhs between each doubles and I also thought the lady mentioned changing direction, but I was not sure, if the doubles were suppose to be in different directions between each... So, the guy from WC was doing 3 doubles on average per direction (ala tumbling pass)...I guess I go back and listen to the instructions again.
I could be wrong as well but since she is incredibly capable of throwing double doubles I wonder why she wouldn't have them.

The girl from GymTyme changed directions each time she did it and I believe her number was 11. I'm sure there are tons of male athletes who could slaughter these numbers if done to the standard required (the changing of directions)...Holden and Dylan both come to mind. However, it'll be interesting to see how many times Guinness wants to come out and do this. At this point, they may as well book out the rest of their year just watching AS cheer kids double.

My only real pet peeve of the interview is how uniformed the hosts were. Like Rio? Do you have any idea how hard it is just to get the Olympic Committee to CONSIDER adding a new sport, not to mention the voting, the decision, and then the date set for when it'll be added. That takes years upon years. Angel will likely have kids of her own, assuming they approved Power Tumbling in the near future, before it ever became an Olympic sport.

She has also failed to make the U.S. national team for two years in a row. She may be coming in 4th somewhere but she's not doing it as a National team member.
In order to compete at Rio (if that was even an option) she would have had to make the 15-16 team.

Back