All-Star Angel On Today: Guinness World Record

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The only difference is your mom and dad can't send money in with you to buy for yourself. Our school does 2 a year; our first one just ended and we're not going to talk about how much I spent, but both of my girl's added over a dozen new books to their collections. CP's teacher also does the monthly Scholastic orders and I'm eyeing a 1-49 Magic Tree House book set...again, we're not gonna talk price!

Does your library system not have Friends of the Library book sales?

Through weeding alone I probably could have accumulated 70% of the Magic Tree House series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does your library system not have Friends of the Library book sales?

Through weeding alone I probably could have accumulated 70% of the Magic Tree House series.

If they do, I know nothing about it.

If they do, I know nothing about it.

Check their website or call. I can't imagine any library not doing book sales to raise money for programming and what not

Check their website or call. I can't imagine any library not doing book sales to raise money for programming and what not

Thanks! I just googled and apparently they do a sale in April. I'll have to remember to check it out next year.

Also, second hand book, dvd, cd, tech stores are awesome! In TN we would always stop at a place called McKay's (HUGE) and you could get just about anything your heart desired. The kids, also, like a place called "2nd 'n Charles" and you can get almost any book, cd, or dvd for $1-$4. When the shelves over flow, they go through and either sell or trade. Granted, new releases are still at full retail but, for kids/adults that like to read, they're great.

Also, second hand book, dvd, cd, tech stores are awesome! In TN we would always stop at a place called McKay's (HUGE) and you could get just about anything your heart desired. The kids, also, like a place called "2nd 'n Charles" and you can get almost any book, cd, or dvd for $1-$4. When the shelves over flow, they go through and either sell or trade. Granted, new releases are still at full retail but, for kids/adults that like to read, they're great.
I live 5 minutes from Mkays. I go there like 4 times a week. The books always change and the deals are so good! I love it!!!

There's a McKay's near me and it's awesome! Not sure if it's the same company or if the name is just a coincidence though. I've driven past the one in TN tons of times but never stopped.

I'll have to hunt around for a used book store; I don't know of any near us, but I am sure they are around. What I like about ordering through Scholastic is everything I spend had a certain percentage that kicks back to her teacher to spend, but I tend to keep a smaller budget for it since it's like a monthly thing. This is the first time we've gotten catalog's with super big sets that I think my kids would like. Right now my cart is close to $200 and it's due by Friday; my goal is to get it trimmed down by at least half before then. And then just tack on the rest as we go throughout the school year.

I'll have to hunt around for a used book store; I don't know of any near us, but I am sure they are around. What I like about ordering through Scholastic is everything I spend had a certain percentage that kicks back to her teacher to spend, but I tend to keep a smaller budget for it since it's like a monthly thing. This is the first time we've gotten catalog's with super big sets that I think my kids would like. Right now my cart is close to $200 and it's due by Friday; my goal is to get it trimmed down by at least half before then. And then just tack on the rest as we go throughout the school year.

We have half priced books near me and it's awesome. I've gotten some fantastic deals there.

Thrift stores can also be a really good place to look for used books. Well, the one near me is, at least.

I don't know where you live but, the Scholastic Warehouse sales are pretty fantastic, too. They have events every once in a while where they discount the books and if you go online, there are always coupons, as well. I really miss the days of going through the Scholastic catalogs with my kids.:(
Events | Scholastic Book Fairs

I don't know where you live but, the Scholastic Warehouse sales are pretty fantastic, too. They have events every once in a while where they discount the books and if you go online, there are always coupons, as well. I really miss the days of going through the Scholastic catalogs with my kids.:(
Events | Scholastic Book Fairs

I've been to one of those in Missouri, but we were busy the weekend they did one locally. I plan on going to the next one.

Back