All-Star Angel On Today: Guinness World Record

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I want to see!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shoot I saw the video but idk if she changed her privacy settings but now I can't see it..It was on Facebook though! her name is Lexie Amrhein. she's on GymTyme Platinum I believe? I'm not sure if she had one of the Guinness people there or not so I don't know if it technically counts but my guess is that she will get one to come soon.. she did 11 in 57 seconds

it's already been broken lol

Where? And by a male or a female athlete? Asking not to be sexist, but because it's not uncommon for Guinness to do a male and female version of a record.

Edited: Found the video; good job to her, but if she wants it to be official she need to have a person there from Guinness.

Where? And by a male or a female athlete? Asking not to be sexist, but because it's not uncommon for Guinness to do a male and female version of a record.

Edited: Found the video; good job to her, but if she wants it to be official she need to have a person there from Guinness.
yeah my guess is that she just tried it at practice to see if she could, and will get them to come out and see

i feel like this is gonna be a record that's broken many times..

The whole thing reminds me of the dancer Sophia Lucia and her record for the most turns in tap shoes.

Just a way for these athletes, who are supposed to be part of a team sport, to get individual attention for being "better" than everyone else. I guess sports like baseball, football and basketball keep track of individual athelete accomplishments inherent to the sport - but since cheer doesn't do this, these ambitious individuals are finding their own ways to make their supremecy known.

I would think there are many people out there more than capable of beating this record - of course, very few of them would probably desire the attention enough to go to the extreme of bringing in Guiness, going on TV, etc. Of course this is probably true for a lot of the records in Guiness.

The whole thing reminds me of the dancer Sophia Lucia and her record for the most turns in tap shoes.

Just a way for these athletes, who are supposed to be part of a team sport, to get individual attention for being "better" than everyone else. I guess sports like baseball, football and basketball keep track of individual athelete accomplishments inherent to the sport - but since cheer doesn't do this, these ambitious individuals are finding their own ways to make their supremecy known.

I would think there are many people out there more than capable of beating this record - of course, very few of them would probably desire the attention enough to go to the extreme of bringing in Guiness, going on TV, etc. Of course this is probably true for a lot of the records in Guiness.
I didn't get that impression from this particular event. I think if it was done for any "gain" at all, it was to promote the sport of power tumbling (which Angel is involved in) and I don't see anything wrong with that. Unfortunately I don't think it was the best representation given the poor form in skills shown by the tumblers, but particularly during the interviews I didn't find Angel to be self-promoting at all.

But wait, isn't Angel kind of average on the power tumbling scene? I mean no doubt she's one of the best cheer tumblers in the world, but power tumbling is a whole different world. Wouldn't another power tumbler beat that record with ease? Regardless, I'm happy for her and the recognition she brought to the sport!

But wait, isn't Angel kind of average on the power tumbling scene? I mean no doubt she's one of the best cheer tumblers in the world, but power tumbling is a whole different world. Wouldn't another power tumbler beat that record with ease? Regardless, I'm happy for her and the recognition she brought to the sport!

I wouldn't say average, she placed 4th recently in competition so definitely better people out there; but not really average either.

My only real pet peeve of the interview is how uniformed the hosts were. Like Rio? Do you have any idea how hard it is just to get the Olympic Committee to CONSIDER adding a new sport, not to mention the voting, the decision, and then the date set for when it'll be added. That takes years upon years. Angel will likely have kids of her own, assuming they approved Power Tumbling in the near future, before it ever became an Olympic sport.

I didn't get that impression from this particular event. I think if it was done for any "gain" at all, it was to promote the sport of power tumbling (which Angel is involved in) and I don't see anything wrong with that. Unfortunately I don't think it was the best representation given the poor form in skills shown by the tumblers, but particularly during the interviews I didn't find Angel to be self-promoting at all.

I actually think it was done because every few months that video of her picks up steam online and a week or two ago Tamron Hall I think or one of the other anchors showed it and from there they contacted her and made up this record set attempt as part of her being on the show

I didn't get the impression this was something she thought of on her own

Side note I bet if angel hadn't done one long bounce back pass she would have done more than 10

Last edited:
I actually think it was done because every few months that video of her picks up steam online and a week or two ago Tamron Hall I think or one of the other anchors showed it and from there they contacted her and made up this record set attempt as part of her being on the show

I didn't get the impression this was something she thought of on her own

Side note I bet if angel hadn't done one long bounce back pass she would have done more than 10

First thing I thought when I saw the vid. I also feel that this would have gone better form-wise and maybe would have even enabled her to do more if it was a longer and wider spring or rod floor. To me, it didn't look like as amazing as Angel usually does. Obviously it was incredible cause she broke the record but I feel like she's capable of being stronger and faster.

Back