All-Star Angel Rice Moving To Cali Smoed For 2014-2015 Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

they might be "right next to each other" but cali's span is the size of about 6 states on the east coast. not exactly close when you consider the miles :p
Lol, true! It's still closer than Georgia for Angel and Florida for Gabi, right?

I don't get the big uproar of athletes moving to different gyms, clearly Cali has been doing it for awhile, why is this such a big deal.....:confused: Especially since the season is over. If she did a video tryout then I would say its fair game for smoed to ask her to join.

I know right! Maybe Senior Elite was her dream team and her family was unable to move to NC in time for tryouts for SE so she tried out for Smoed and waited to see how the situation played out. Then BAM! There was a spot on SE right when her family was able to move to NC in the middle of the season.

I'm just making up stories here guys.

ETA: I can't help but wonder what Jenee must be feeling like after Senior Elite came 4th and Smoed came 1st in worlds.
I don't know...everything seemed fine and then BAM. She's gone. I think it's more than that.

And I personally, would be crushed. I would love that I got to be on a great team, and have amazing memories with new friends, but still. I would be a little jealous, but there's no way that I'd show it or slam Smoed online. It's entirely human to feel jealous. Either way, I think she'll be fine.

From what I hear he is going to a college in dallas. And super senior at CA.

I read somewhere that Jamie is finishing up high school early? I know she's a junior this year so is she going to graduate after this year? If so does that mean she's done with CA too?

Does no one have loyalty to their gym anymore? I could understand situations like this if cheerleading were in the Olympics. While Worlds is kind of considered "our Olympics," it's not the exact same thing. You are recognized in the cheerleading world as being a World Champion, but others outside of the cheerleading world don't really know what that means or how big of a deal it is.

I was on a small senior level 5 team for 4 years at my old gym, so yes, I have competed at Worlds numerous times. We had chances to come in top 10, top 5, or win almost every year. While the closest we ever came to winning was top 5 and we never actually won, I NEVER had thoughts about switching to another gym just for a Worlds ring or to be on a "better" team. My gym was my family, and while trophies, rings, and jackets are all MAJOR accomplishments, those didn't seem to matter as much to me. Maybe it was because I cheered back when this "cheerlebrity" nonsense and gym hopping wasn't so apparent, but still. I completely understand if a gym isn't the correct fit for you and so you move to another gym. It happens all the time. But why would you leave the gym who taught you EVERYTHING just for a jacket or a ring??! It doesn't make sense to me and it just keeps happening more and more often.

I am happy for the kid, because I missed him on Smoed but an athlete from Smoed 2013 who wasn't on the team this year has announced on twitter saying that he is returning to the team for his senior year - 2014-2015.

I know he is an incredible athlete, and would 99.9% surely have a spot on the team but HOW can these kids have a confirmed place if Smoed/Cali tryouts haven't even happened yet?! I love Cali, but I really don't like how these athletes are all announcing BEFORE tryouts that they already made the team.

keep in mind that a lot of higher profile teams usually accept a larger group to practice together all summer. we know smoed does (RE: Cheerleaders episodes), I've heard of TG doing it and we all know SE usually takes around 40 until a final roster is made. this is common practice. so i'm taking it more as a "yes, we like you, come practice with us and show us what you have" versus "you made smoed before we have even seen who else walks through the doors at tryouts." granted, i doubt they're cutting Angel Rice at the end of summer. they also spend every day with the team so they know how many spots they need to fill, who is staying on the team and who from snipers might be moving up (since Orby coaches them)

unless someone is taking your spot on smoed, y'all are a little too sensitive.

Back