All-Star Best/worst Makeup

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 3, 2011
Just a thread discussing the best and worst of that fierce thing we call cheerleading! makeup :)
What teams have had makeup that you loved?
What makeup you've seen that's gone a little overboard?
Glitter, shimmer, or matte?
Where's the line between flashy and trashy?

i've never been crazy about the winged eyeliner :/ it doesn't look bad on some teams though.
my team used mineral make up, and i liked the glitter way better. it was flashier and surprisingly a lot easier to apply.
lipstick is a MUST for every team!

and those are some of my opinions on cheer make up! :)

I've loved panthers and senior elite's makeup this season! Soo classy!! I don't like glitter at alll, just looks like a hot mess and it distracts me because I keep thinking your face is a disco ball....not good. I like matte makeup, its easy, looks clean, and doesn't get everywhere on your face!! I think the line between classy and trashy is the amount!! Your face is not a coloring book, so ladies please don't treat it like one. JMO :)

I honestly think it depends on the team. Some teams have glitter that looks absolutely amazing on the floor, while others look like a hot mess. Some teams have nice mineral or shimmer makeup that looks stunning, and some look like they were playing around in mommy's makeup case. It really depends on the colors of the team and the application. Bottom line: If you do it right and keep it classy, I approve.

I've loved panthers and senior elite's makeup this season! Soo classy!! I don't like glitter at alll, just looks like a hot mess and it distracts me because I keep thinking your face is a disco ball....not good. I like matte makeup, its easy, looks clean, and doesn't get everywhere on your face!! I think the line between classy and trashy is the amount!! Your face is not a coloring book, so ladies please don't treat it like one. JMO :)
Yeees! I loved FAMEs makeup!

Sorry but this is an oxymoron.

Anyways I don't mind glitter at all as long as it's not over the top. I prefer the World Cup/Top Gun look. It's not too much, it's flashy, and always done right. I've always really liked Georgia's make up too, I think it's because I really like how purple looks on everyone's skin tone. I always enjoyed getting more "glam'd" up for competition, it was just part of the process of competition days, it wouldn't have felt the same if I just applied everyday make up.

Anyways I don't mind glitter at all as long as it's not over the top. I prefer the World Cup/Top Gun look. It's not too much, it's flashy, and always done right. I've always really liked Georgia's make up too, I think it's because I really like how purple looks on everyone's skin tone. I always enjoyed getting more "glam'd" up for competition, it was just part of the process of competition days.
That team is probably the only makeup that i like that is sparkly and shimmery! lol

Anyways I don't mind glitter at all as long as it's not over the top. I prefer the World Cup/Top Gun look. It's not too much, it's flashy, and always done right. I've always really liked Georgia's make up too, I think it's because I really like how purple looks on everyone's skin tone. I always enjoyed getting more "glam'd" up for competition, it was just part of the process of competition days.
I'd have to agree with Georgia. ACX does similar make up too, a purple powder on the lid with a little bit of shimmer, and a shimmery white on top, closer to the brow bone. Much easier to do than the glitter stuff. I got SO ocd with my glitter when I used to have to wear it. I would literally spend hours in front of a mirror making sure it was exactly right and even. It was so annoying. The powder was so much faster.

Plus not to mention the pain when glitter got in your eye.

I honestly don't think I've ever been on a team that didn't use glitter so that's probably why I don't mind it. I got use to it and I enjoy doing make up. I feel like competition days are kinda like homecoming or prom, getting done up and feeling pretty should be apart of it, not just throw on some every day make up. lol I don't know if that makes sense but I always enjoyed that part of cheer. I also agree with sizzles though, it really does depend on the team. I think the colors of the team have a lot to do with it as well. For instance gold or silver glitter can be done without being over the top. Now if Stingrays did glitter make up with green and blue I would probably hate it, so the natural look is way more appropriate. P.S. anyone that uses glitter make up sponge rollers take the excess glitter off of your face amazingly!

I could comment on this a million times, but I love Fame's makeup, too. Easy, flashy, and it leaves little room for mistakes in application. I'm not a fan of bright red lips on little girls, but IF their makeup artist (parent) chooses a sheer gloss rather than hooker-matte red, it can still look good.
I'm hard-pressed to find a smoky eye done right, but again, if it's done correctly, it can look great.
I think the worst thing I've ever seen is a mini-age cheerleader with a deeper skin tone who had blue sparkly crap on her lid, silver sparkly crap above, black winged eyeliner, red stripes on her cheeks (I guess you call that "blush,") and red, red, red Grandma-looking-red lips. Her mom made her blow a kiss at the camera when the pic was taken. I was blind for like a week after seeing that poor baby...

I like a more natural look, with a little shimmer on the eyes.

I loathe red glitter lipstick...and red glitter eyeshadow...especially together

Back