All-Star Best/worst Makeup

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

@mariahnicole1216

Um...hopefully @Mamarazzi and I will still be friends after this post. :eek: But I figured since it's from THIS site she can't mind too much - it's not like I put her Facebook pics up here. :D This picture shows it pretty well. The sticker takes up almost the whole lid, and then just some silver glitter to fill in above the lashline:

http://fierceboard.com/2011/07/11/making-a-habit-of-being-certifiably-cheermad/
Oooooo thats so pretty! And easy! haha

@mariahnicole1216

Um...hopefully @Mamarazzi and I will still be friends after this post. :eek: But I figured since it's from THIS site she can't mind too much - it's not like I put her Facebook pics up here. :D This picture shows it pretty well. The sticker takes up almost the whole lid, and then just some silver glitter to fill in above the lashline:

http://fierceboard.com/2011/07/11/making-a-habit-of-being-certifiably-cheermad/

You're fine...no worries :) And thank you, @mariahnicole1216 !

ETA: And I won't go back on the fact that I'm not a big fan of the bright red lips on young girls. I'm really not. But as I sit here and think about how I usually see the girls (up close) and then look at a pic under the stage lights, I can see why the bright red actually works.

The only makeup I don't like is when colors are used on the eyes that don't look good on most people like red and yellow. The first team my daughter cheered for had red glitter and it looked horrible in pictures. I like our teams makeup and I love face stickers.

ETA: And I won't go back on the fact that I'm not a big fan of the bright red lips on young girls. I'm really not. But as I sit here and think about how I usually see the girls (up close) and then look at a pic under the stage lights, I can see why the bright red actually works.[/quote]

I'm not a fan, either, but anything other than red looks awful with our red unis. I wipe it off right after awards.

I hated wearing the lipstick. Our coach would bring a couple tubes back stage and the entire team would put it on then and wipe it off right afterwards. It never stayed on through warm ups anyway.

I hated wearing the lipstick. Our coach would bring a couple tubes back stage and the entire team would put it on then and wipe it off right afterwards. It never stayed on through warm ups anyway.
My team can buy whatever we want as long as we're in the correct color range. This season I found the Revlon Colorstay Overtime. I'm in looove. It has long lasting bright color that isn't drying or gross. I could put mine on at 9am and it would still look the same at 6pm. I'm obsessed!

My team can buy whatever we want as long as we're in the correct color range. This season I found the Revlon Colorstay Overtime. I'm in looove. It has long lasting bright color that isn't drying or gross. I could put mine on at 9am and it would still look the same at 6pm. I'm obsessed!

do you write Revlon commercials?

do you write Revlon commercials?
Hahahaha seriously. I got it halfway through the season after going through lipsticks (one was Revlon!), glosses, and stains. None of them gave me the color that shows on the stage or even lasted that long. Then I found my Colorstay Overtime <3 haha. I don't know if I'll be able to use anything else this season.

OK. I gotta say it. WHAT on earth is a "natural smoky eye in the teams colors"? I know what a smoky eye is. I know what "team's colors" means. And I know what natural is. What I don't understand is those things together in a sentence. Natural means little to no make-up at all. No way no how is a properly done smoky eye EVER the same thing as "little to no make-up". :D

Here's a picture of my CP's make-up from UA, which is what I think they were getting at with the whole "smokey eye in team colors" comment (although I can see how that statement is a bit of a contradiction). This is the look used for the youth & younger teams, the older teams had a slight variation on this that also brought in blue. I agree though that there is no such thing as a natural looking smokey eye or natural looking make-up in allstar cheer. If it is natural looking, it's not going to show up on the floor, which is what cheer make-up essentially is, stage make-up.

Sorry that my kid looks all sorts of crazy in this photo...

167095_479947606383_512191383_5937516_3191633_n.jpg

Our teams makeup. I'm putting her tattoo on in this picture so she's not completely done. It's silver/black shimmer eyeshadow done in a smokey eye, black eyeliner, and green glitter eye liner with mascara. Red lips... I found Revlon color stay works amazingly, we do it once in the morning and then just redo the clear gloss throughout the day. They wear a tattoo by their eye instead of a sticker. You can't see the glitter eyeliner too well in this picture but you can see it in person good.
IMG_0228.jpg

Back