OT Casey Anthony Trial

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Please remember Caylee by not contributing to any money making schemes that Casey Anthony may have in the future (e.g. books, movies etc...).

I can't imagine her being able to stay in the central florida area...people think she is guilty - she may need protective services for awhile, with all the media coverage of this case.

Well yes, but IMO the lies should have proved her guilty. Why else would she make up all that crap?

Unfortunately in this case as any other the burden of proof was on the DA and State of Florida to make that case and they did not. The jury does not get the same information that you and I get. They only get what is allowed by the court. Remember they can not watch, read, or listen to any news, or comments during the trial. In addition the jury was picked and brought in from another part of Florida so there would not be any pre judgment on the juries part.

We all know deep down she is guilty, there just wasnt enough evidence to prove it. Laugh it up Casey, there will be a day....

Sooo ridiculous. She was found guilty of providing false information... my question is, why would she need to provide false information in the first place if she didn't kill her!?

because it was an "accident" so she had to "cover it up" :banghead:
this whole thing makes me sick. i woke up to see rants about it on twitter #caseyanthonyverdict is one of the trending topics.
that poor little girl.. it scares me that people can get out of things like this.

Well yes, but IMO the lies should have proved her guilty. Why else would she make up all that crap?
Well in our justice system it is always the burden of the prosecution to relay to the jury that you are guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. While she is a liar, and has lied many times, that doesn't in and of itself make her a murderer.
take for example there is a murder that I looked really guilty for but didn't do (assume these are facts) but I lie to the police about it to make it look not so bad on me, if the police catch you in the lie (as they will) it makes you LOOK guilter, but not be guiltier.

This makes a very good case study into how if you are a suspect of a crime, it is NEVER a good idea to talk to the police. Several things could happen if you do, A) you will lie and they will catch you, B) they will force/coerce/trip you up into making a mistake which makes you look guilty (even if circumstantial), C) they will find someone to go against your story (it would just take one person who might think they might have seen you somewhere other than where you said you were to make you look like a liar) D) they might just get a confession out of you (false or otherwise). While I will (hopefully) never find myself in a situation where I am charged with a serious crime, I know enough not to say anything that my [hopefully] very good and well paid attorney doesn't specifically say I can.

Just think about it, we all think (me included) that she is guilty because she lied. A lot. A Whole lot. The facts don't matter to us as much as the fact that she lied. She would have looked guilty if she had refused to cooperate outright and just not said anything, but would she have looked more guilty? I don't think so. (but in fairness its hard not to look more guilty than she did)

I read an article with a short bio on every juror. They pointed out that two of them work for Verizon. I wonder what's going to happen to them now? I feel like they may get fired due to the backlash from people that can't put their emotions aside and don't understand HOW they had to come to the verdict, and want to associate Verizon to the outcome.

I hope someone that was present in that room finds a way to write an article about what it was like in that room. I would imagine that putting aside their emotions to come to that verdict was the hardest thing any of them had to do.

The jury does not get the same information that you and I get. They only get what is allowed by the court. Remember they can not watch, read, or listen to any news, or comments during the trial. In addition the jury was picked and brought in from another part of Florida so there would not be any pre judgment on the juries part.

I think everyone needs to re-read this and remember the media will portray whatever image they want of someone. Just sayin'.

This is digusting..hopefully karma will get her back. I just am in shock right now.

I havent followed the case very closely over the past few years but recently I started following it and really did my homework on the details and what not. I never had a doubt in my mind that she was guilty. I sat down today and watched the live feed of the verdict on msnbc.com and I was disgusted. Plain and simple just disgusted. Now Im not saying that I could have done a better job then anyone in that courtroom did because Im sure the jobs of everyone involved were grueling and extremely hard but I just cannot believe it turned out this way.

Back