All-Star Cea Chicago

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Holy derailment.

I didn't know quarter year teams were a thing. Wow. What's their season like?
We have our Evals for half season teams right before Thanksgiving Break and then they usually start the week after thanksgiving. They do 2-3 local one day competitions one at the end of February then one in March and one in April. They practice two days a week and take a tumbling class like our regular season all star teams. This year we have a Lg youth 2, Sm Junior 3, Sm Junior 4 half season teams

Holy derailment.

I didn't know quarter year teams were a thing. Wow. What's their season like?
UA usually gets enough high school kids to have 3 different level teams. There is always at least 1 level 5 team and last year they had a large sr co-ed 5 team that decided to go for a bid at one of the last competitions in Myrtle Beach. They got the bid and they turned around and went to Worlds I think like 2 weeks later. It was exciting for them since most of them hadn't 'grown up' in the all star cheer world to be a part of such a huge competition but they did great. All of the parents had a meeting and decided to go for it so they knew what to expect financially.

UA usually gets enough high school kids to have 3 different level teams. There is always at least 1 level 5 team and last year they had a large sr co-ed 5 team that decided to go for a bid at one of the last competitions in Myrtle Beach. They got the bid and they turned around and went to Worlds I think like 2 weeks later. It was exciting for them since most of them hadn't 'grown up' in the all star cheer world to be a part of such a huge competition but they did great. All of the parents had a meeting and decided to go for it so they knew what to expect financially.
That's incredible!

UA definitely knows how to do quarter season teams. They were just getting popular as I aged out but I remember seeing them at competitions and not even realizing they were quarter season teams.

This is just semantics but they got their bid at One Up. Still crazy quick before Worlds. One of my friends coached them. I was so proud that they made it into finals, what an awesome experience for those kids.

This derailment is interesting.

The HS talent in IL is great and I wondered if/how some of the girls competed in all stars.

I'm assuming the coaches on both sides have to be flexible.

I live an hour from the Los Angeles city limit. I would never in a million years say I'm from LA. Yuck. Nope. Not.
Lol I grew up in the Bronx and lived in Queens for years. I would never have said I lived in NYC even though technically I did.

I feel this so much. I always tell people I'm from Syracuse even though I'm technically not in Syracuse, I'm like 20ish minutes from it. If I tell anyone I'm from "Liverpool" they go "like where the Beatles are from?" Nah son. It's just easier this way.

Worse though, if I'm talking to someone not from NY, I say I'm from Upstate NY. That feels like I'm flat out lying to people because, despite what some people believe, that's not Upstate NY. But it's so I don't get "oh so can you like see the Empire State building from your window?" Haha yeah from my Googe Maps Street View window.

If people ask me where I live now who aren't in MA I say "between Worcester and Boston but closer to Worcester." And then when people ask where I went to school I say "between Binghamton and Albany".

I'm so vague.
Oneonta?

I never knew upstate NY people were so fiercely protective of their locale until I went to Binghamton.

This is just semantics but they got their bid at One Up. Still crazy quick before Worlds. One of my friends coached them. I was so proud that they made it into finals, what an awesome experience for those kids.
right, it was like the very last Worlds bid competition but I was so impressed that they got it together enough and everyone was on the same page as far as the cost to go to (was it Nashville then?) and then turn around and go to Worlds. so exciting for them

Sweet! Let me just go grab the wine...

Oh sorry, the Butler was dusting it...now let's open this bad boy up

wine_bottle_18l-thumb-450x330.jpg
I legit have a bottle of wine that big sitting in my room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back