All-Star Cheer Alliance 16 Competition

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The T I heard is that CEA can't compete at champions league because they opened gyms too close to other gyms in the CL which went against their contract that was supposed to keep CL as an event that brought mega gyms together showing camaraderie and the best in the sport blah blah blah whatever their motto is.

You know CA Charlotte was opened after CEA Charlotte, right? and CEA Charlotte and CA Charlotte are 25 miles apart. Just for fun, Brandon and Top Gun have locations 10 miles apart that are both new locations formed at or around the time of the league, so if there really was a contract, that'd be a violation, too.

Stop spreading rumors. Unless they're fun ones to keep us entertained until ~ November.

You know CA Charlotte was opened after CEA Charlotte, right? and CEA Charlotte and CA Charlotte are 25 miles apart. Just for fun, Brandon and Top Gun have locations 10 miles apart that are both new locations formed at or around the time of the league, so if there really was a contract, that'd be a violation, too.

Stop spreading rumors. Unless they're fun ones to keep us entertained until ~ November.
My first thought was Chicago with ICE, not that I believe 1 ounce of it is true anyway...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

My first thought was Chicago with ICE, not that I believe 1 ounce of it is true anyway...

True, I forgot about that one! But that happened before this year's league, so wouldn't they have not been allowed to attend this year if it were true? Also, while I know nothing of the behind the scenes mega-gym meetings, I have a really hard time seeing someone like CSP signing anything that would prevent her from doing whatever the heck she feels like doing, including expanding her program anywhere she sees fit.

Can you elaborate? Someone that ran the event or someone participating (coach/owner) or someone independent all together? I must have missed something if it came down to one person.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Tammy Van Fleet..........runs Aloha

I haven't read all the thread (sorry) but any chance this happened since CEA got kicked out of CL?

CEA did not get kicked out of CL.

I think the "T" you got was a bad batch.

Just when you think Weezy's not watching...she comes out with a zinger......hahahahahaha

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a feeling parents wouldn't know this answer and gym owners in the original League won't indulge me, but in the off chance someone has an answer...

When the league was originally announced, in addition to it changing locations every year, they also said they were changing EP's each year. They followed through with the location changes and then didn't with the EP and Aloha stayed on... Why? Why can't they just get rid of Aloha and continue on their way, especially if that was the original intent?

The whole thing cracks me up because basically all of the programs are going together, so it looks like they've not been kicking anyone out of amything.
Tammy Van Fleet..........runs Aloha
So you just mean poor leadership? Or is there something more specific you are referring too?

I have a feeling parents wouldn't know this answer and gym owners in the original League won't indulge me, but in the off chance someone has an answer...

When the league was originally announced, in addition to it changing locations every year, they also said they were changing EP's each year. They followed through with the location changes and then didn't with the EP and Aloha stayed on... Why? Why can't they just get rid of Aloha and continue on their way, especially if that was the original intent?

To clear up confusion, the Alliance and "Champions League" are not the same thing. The Alliance is the group of programs, Champions League is/was the name attached to the event itself. To my knowledge, it wasn't announced that the EP would switch every year, but rather that the EP wouldn't necessarily be the same every year. EPs bid on hosting the event and the Alliance votes on who they want.

Nfinity was a key player in setting all of this up and was one of the main sponsors for the event and the movie. However, this year the Alliance chose not to continue with their group. Nfinity actually owns some of the intellectual property around the name and has chosen to continue to host an event called "Champions League" despite losing the participation of the actual alliance teams. (Other teams from those programs outside of the certain senior 5 teams may still choose to go to the "Champions League" event in Nashville.)

The stuff about CEA being kicked out of the Alliance is 100% false as far as I know.

Last edited:
Back