All-Star Cheer Alliance 16 Competition

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

@Cinn124, where is the confusion between the two events? The Cheer alliance and champions league are 2 separate competitions and are not connected to each other at all.

**Slip n Slide. Official sponsor of Worlds 2016**

@Cinn124, where is the confusion between the two events? The Cheer alliance and champions league are 2 separate competitions and are not connected to each other at all.

**Slip n Slide. Official sponsor of Worlds 2016**
Oh I know they're 2 different competitions. The confusion came in because it seems the gyms shown in the tweet were going to NY and not Champions League as in previous years.

Not sure why everyone is thinking it will be a nightmare.... Exspensive, yes but not a nightmare!
NYC is more than prepared for a few thousand cheerleaders... And it wont even make a dent into the Javits Centrr.
There is plenty of food options from food carts to 5 star resturants. Plenty of public transportation and hotels. There is lots to do and see.
I have traveled to a lot of cities for cheer comps and as a native new yorker have found other host cities have lacked those basic things and if they have them the service was so bad/slow I wanted to bang my head on the floor.
Looking forward to it and WC is confirmed as going.

Oh I know they're 2 different competitions. The confusion came in because it seems the gyms shown in the tweet were going to NY and not Champions League as in previous years.

Well they are going to New York instead of the champions league in Tennessee also it is possible some of the non-worlds he may still go to Tennessee

Not sure why everyone is thinking it will be a nightmare.... Exspensive, yes but not a nightmare!
NYC is more than prepared for a few thousand cheerleaders... And it wont even make a dent into the Javits Centrr.
There is plenty of food options from food carts to 5 star resturants. Plenty of public transportation and hotels. There is lots to do and see.
I have traveled to a lot of cities for cheer comps and as a native new yorker have found other host cities have lacked those basic things and if they have them the service was so bad/slow I wanted to bang my head on the floor.

After you experience NY's transit system, everything else in the US seems sub par :p

According to wikipedia (which sites this), their transit system's weekday average last year was around 9 million people per day - it's the largest transit system in the US. DC comes in at #2 and doesn't even break a million a day. The MTA squashes everything else. Cheer being there for a weekend won't even be a whisper to them. The only way your trip will be a nightmare is if you don't plan and research. Then it will be a nightmare for you specifically.

Last edited:
The only way your trip will be a nightmare is if you don't plan and research. Then it will be a nightmare for you specifically.

Yes to this. NYC is more than prepared for a measly few thousand athletes and families. There's plenty of everything. The question is why a week before Christmas? Any travel agent or website will tell you the last two weeks of December are the worst for traveling to NYC. Exorbitant prices, hotel rates at their peak, mobbed restaurants, and lines around corners for every popular attraction are enough reasons to stay out of that area, even for those who live close by. The city is at its quietest between January and April, and there is a significant dip in hotel and airfare prices. Reservations and theater tickets are easier to come by, too. If the event has to be in NYC, I'm wondering why it wasn't scheduled during a more convenient timeframe.

I'm from NJ originally so trust me I know NYC can handle a bunch of cheerleaders. My worry was just the chaos for the teams with the extra craziness of the holidays there. That city is always on the go and expensive but add Christmas season on top of that?!
I'm all for NYC, I love it. Just timing seemed not to be the best choice IMO.

The only way your trip will be a nightmare is if you don't plan and research. Then it will be a nightmare for you specifically.

Yes to this. NYC is more than prepared for a measly few thousand athletes and families. There's plenty of everything. The question is why a week before Christmas? Any travel agent or website will tell you the last two weeks of December are the worst for traveling to NYC. Exorbitant prices, hotel rates at their peak, mobbed restaurants, and lines around corners for every popular attraction are enough reasons to stay out of that area, even for those who live close by. The city is at its quietest between January and April, and there is a significant dip in hotel and airfare prices. Reservations and theater tickets are easier to come by, too. If the event has to be in NYC, I'm wondering why it wasn't scheduled during a more convenient timeframe.
Prob because no big trade shows or conference want to book the Javits center the weekend before Christmas!

I'm from NJ originally so trust me I know NYC can handle a bunch of cheerleaders. My worry was just the chaos for the teams with the extra craziness of the holidays there. That city is always on the go and expensive but add Christmas season on top of that?!
I'm all for NYC, I love it. Just timing seemed not to be the best choice IMO.

I am from NYC and love it. I live 2,000 miles west now. I sometimes go home for Christmas (around this same week) and airfare is INSANE. Flights can easily get delayed or cancelled. I think it would end up being crazy expensive for West Coast teams.

Not sure if this has been discussed but it's kind of surprising that pretty much every big name gym switched to this comp instead of CL. I wonder if all the owners and coaches discussed this and decided on it as a group to all go to this new comp? Without discussing it I feel like it would have been almost impossible to get everyone on board otherwise I feel like there would have been at least a few gyms committed to CL not knowing everyone else was going to the new comp.

Not sure if this has been discussed but it's kind of surprising that pretty much every big name gym switched to this comp instead of CL. I wonder if all the owners and coaches discussed this and decided on it as a group to all go to this new comp? Without discussing it I feel like it would have been almost impossible to get everyone on board otherwise I feel like there would have been at least a few gyms committed to CL not knowing everyone else was going to the new comp.

The group of gym owners who started the league are called "the Alliance". The alliance as a whole decided to switch. So it was discussed, at least within the Alliance. There may be some other big gyms not members of the Alliance who chose to switch as well.

Sorry It too forever to reply, I am obviously not a rep of big gyms lol so everything I heard was just rumors. But I was at the gay bar in Orlando after worlds and hung out with a bunch of choreographers and we had a little kiki and that's what one of them told me. He had a pretty detailed account of what he heard had happened when he was at a gym doing their world's choreo so even though it seemed kind of far fetched, I just kind of took it as "oh, guess it will be interesting to see if they're at CL this year" not "Oh guess that must be true" and then this thread popped up and it seemed to kind of fit.

Didn't mean to be the pot stirrer, I am clearly not CSP or BlueCat lol

Back