All-Star Cheer Alliance 16 Competition

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

202e9d96b2ab09379fa260a9c9adb95b.jpg

The competition itself may be amazing, but travel and lodging in NYC for thousands of cheerleaders a week before Xmas runs a high risk of being a logistical nightmare despite sounding like a dream come true in theory. Everyone should experience the city during this time of year at least once, but prepare for the possibility of inclement weather, millions of aggressive tourists on top of the people who already live here, and some frightening hotel options for the price you'd typically pay to stay in a suitable hotel in any other city for a different competition weekend. You'll also have to be prepared to navigate NYC mass transit, including hailing cabs and taking the subway. Oh yeah, and it's not cheap. Do your research and PLAN!

Ok I'm brand new here so please be kind
What is this cheer alliance comp? I was trying to read through the messages but I don't want to misinterpret anything.

As far as traveling to NY around Christmas for a cheer comp?! Bless all those who dare.

ETA - I just realized my emojis didn't show.......what is life without those things now??? Lol

What is this cheer alliance comp? I was trying to read through the messages but I don't want to misinterpret anything.

As far as traveling to NY around Christmas for a cheer comp?! Bless all those who dare.

ETA - I just realized my emojis didn't show.......what is life without those things now??? Lol
Jocelyn, is that you?

Just an old joke on the boards. Welcome! We tend to stick to black on here, just for the sake of being easier to read, but also because pink font makes us think of 5 year olds doing back handsprings.

Some people enjoy thinking of that lol jk
I don't even write in black ink but I don't want to rebel so black it is.

Last year was the first year of the comp. It was just a one day and ended up being pretty much a WC showcase with a couple of other gyms mixed in.

This year it appears to be something much bigger but we're all confused since it's the same weekend as Champions League. So far Ice and MD Twisters have confirmed their attendance.

Last year was the first year of the comp. It was just a one day and ended up being pretty much a WC showcase with a couple of other gyms mixed in.

This year it appears to be something much bigger but we're all confused since it's the same weekend as Champions League. So far Ice and MD Twisters have confirmed their attendance.

Hmmmm same time as Champions League.....I'm interested to see how this plays out with the big teams

Hmmmm same time as Champions League.....I'm interested to see how this plays out with the big teams
I believe BlueCat (Jody) said in another thread that most, if not all, of the champions league teams decided to leave the comp after all of the issues that happened this year. Most of those big names will be at the Cheer Alliance competition instead.

I believe BlueCat (Jody) said in another thread that most, if not all, of the champions league teams decided to leave the comp after all of the issues that happened this year. Most of those big names will be at the Cheer Alliance competition instead.

Oh wow ok. I'm originally from NJ so I know the craziness that is NYC around Christmas so I'm very surprised they chose that venue/time.
Of course it's beautiful and definately worth visiting just hope they get an extremely close hotel lol.

Back