All-Star Cheer Alliance 16 Competition

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So what I haven't been able to gather from this thread:

1. Is the NYC event by invite only?
2. Are all of these programs skipping CL altogether or just sending lower level teams? I was under the impression (maybe erroneously) that a few of these gym owners were/are financial backers of CL.

As a jump off from your #2, I've been away from this sport for years now so please correct me if I'm wrong - but wasn't Champions League an "alliance of gyms" as well? They all wanted a "best of the best" competition outside of Varsity? But now the same gyms are walking away from the competition they created to start another competition? I know I'm missing something here because that's crazy even for cheer.

So was Champions League a bigger cluster than worlds? I didn't stay up on that comp enough to know. I love to see gyms taking a stand and making an impact by taking business elsewhere.

In my opinion champions league was awful. we brought our whole gym there this year thinking that it was going to be this big great competition and we were really let down. the competition felt like any other local comp.

the big selling point of this competition was that it was going to be in movie theatres. but this year it never was. and it never was officially announced by champions league that they werent having it in theatres. all they did was really try to promote that it there was a live feed of them comp. big deal. most competition now a days have a live feed.

i also thought the play in round was un fair. they took 5 all girl teams to the league but only 2 coed teams. i know they wanted an equal number of coed and all girl teams in the league but why? wasnt fair for the coed teams.

also the whole prom and red carpet thing was a joke. parents werent allowed on the red carpet. the prom was nothing but a room with a dj. i feel bad for all the kids that spent money on dresses.

I was just very confused by CL this year. I was looking at movies the weekend it took place and it was advertised as showing in select theaters that weekend, but nothing ever came of it?

I'm all sorts of confused. Our senior all girl received an invite to CL this year and the girls are very excited to go. The gym is planning on bringing 3 lower level teams as well. Sounded like there is also a TV show and work up being filmed with it all. But now with the event in NYC??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I the only one that thinks giving paid bids at a competition that is supposed to be a charity event is tacky? Cheer for Charity is supposed to be about raising money for A.I.Dupont.

Agree, and I think the main issue is that CL never said we are giving paid bids at these comps across the country. It's just fishy that this itty bitty comp in Delaware that no one has hear of gives out a FP paid to one team in a particular division and only one team in a particular division went. And that team isn't local and traveled to come up for the bid. No shade thrown on Supers at all, I totally would have done it if I were them. It just seemed like more of an invite, come up here and get this so you can go to CL all expenses paid.

....How did NOBODY tag me in this thread?

I don't think you all understand. I have waited years, yes YEARS for a proper large comp to be in an area that wasn't awful for me to get to and didn't conflict with my ridiculous work/film schedule. I can go to a big comp. I CAN GO. It's practically in my backyard. I can even dress like my avatar and it would be totally weather-appropriate.

And yes, NYC is amazing at that time. Seriously, there's nothing like a NYC Christmas (minus a proper New England Christmas- unlike this past year). If anyone has questions/needs help with travel/city locations/food ideas let me know. Also for those talking Javits- now that there's the Hudson Line extension, mass transit isn't too awful getting there. I took the subway to NYCC and it was easy peasy. Place is pretty massive. While it's typical convention food, there's some cafes and restaurants not too far walk from the place.

When it was difficult to get a hotel room in DC, when the cost was $200/night, when it was stay to play (but other hotels were equally unavailable and expensive), when people were getting moved or losing their rooms at the Marquis because of the nuclear summit, when we paid so much to go to LA last year, yeah, it hurt a little to see a team get free rooms.

All the perks were gone too- no opportunity to see our kids on the red carpet, no food or drink for them at the prom, no free bus service from our hotels to the venue, having to arrive so early to get our seats, no access to merch,photos, or videos, no movie.

My opinon.......Aloha ruined CL.

I second that opinion. Specifically - one person ruined CL. It is a shame because I thought it had a lot of potential and I was really hoping Nfinity could make a name for themselves as an EP. I'm still holding out hope that they are still interested in doing so.

Aloha, in general, really seems to have gone downhill. I'm not sure what happened, maybe the fact that they aren't eligible for Summit bids? But they seem to have started scrimping and saving enough that the comps lost their flare this year, and often felt like a logistical nightmare. I wonder if Varsity didn't beat another EP out of the market. Nonetheless, Champion's League had such potential. Too bad it wasn't realized.

I second that opinion. Specifically - one person ruined CL. It is a shame because I thought it had a lot of potential and I was really hoping Nfinity could make a name for themselves as an EP. I'm still holding out hope that they are still interested in doing so.
I wanted it to work so badly. And yes I agree one person.

I'm all sorts of confused. Our senior all girl received an invite to CL this year and the girls are very excited to go. The gym is planning on bringing 3 lower level teams as well. Sounded like there is also a TV show and work up being filmed with it all. But now with the event in NYC??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
can you say the name of the gym?

Latest posts

Back