All-Star Cheer Alliance 16 Competition

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Agree, and I think the main issue is that CL never said we are giving paid bids at these comps across the country. It's just fishy that this itty bitty comp in Delaware that no one has hear of gives out a FP paid to one team in a particular division and only one team in a particular division went. And that team isn't local and traveled to come up for the bid. No shade thrown on Supers at all, I totally would have done it if I were them. It just seemed like more of an invite, come up here and get this so you can go to CL all expenses paid.

Their bid event listing was in some random corner of the CL website. I searched around and found it... Only after we won a paid bid at a small-ish comp in Mississippi. I didn't realize they were giving out paid bids until that point.

Aloha, in general, really seems to have gone downhill. I'm not sure what happened, maybe the fact that they aren't eligible for Summit bids? But they seem to have started scrimping and saving enough that the comps lost their flare this year, and often felt like a logistical nightmare. I wonder if Varsity didn't beat another EP out of the market. Nonetheless, Champion's League had such potential. Too bad it wasn't realized.
When my CP first started in cheer we used to go to a lot of Aloha comps (this was pre-Summit). They were my absolute favorite, so well run, nice venues, fun extras, etc. Their comps are so much smaller now and I am sure it has to do with Summit bids. Same for JAMZ, their comps are so small now and mostly rec teams.

can you say the name of the gym?

3c6158f3a01a6d0e59000e56151aa3f4.jpg

Can you elaborate? Someone that ran the event or someone participating (coach/owner) or someone independent all together? I must have missed something if it came down to one person.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Aloha sucks - just read the CL thread from this year and you will get a taste of the tom foolery.

I'm confused. Our gym got invited to go. How is a gym selected for an invite? I'm thinking it was due to our getting 3 bids, 1 pd this past season. Do the non lvl 5 teams get this red carpet experience? Hmmm

I haven't read all the thread (sorry) but any chance this happened since CEA got kicked out of CL?

Care to explain? I've read the whole thread and am fairly certain this was never mentioned .

The T I heard is that CEA can't compete at champions league because they opened gyms too close to other gyms in the CL which went against their contract that was supposed to keep CL as an event that brought mega gyms together showing camaraderie and the best in the sport blah blah blah whatever their motto is.

The T I heard is that CEA can't compete at champions league because they opened gyms too close to other gyms in the CL which went against their contract that was supposed to keep CL as an event that brought mega gyms together showing camaraderie and the best in the sport blah blah blah whatever their motto is.

Lol that sounds completely made up. I don't think CL has contracts with gyms about where they can and cannot open new facilities.

ETA: Of course, I'm not close to anyone in CEA or CL to know for sure but in no way does any of that sound real.

I think the "T" you got was a bad batch.

I am 99.999% certain that this is not true.
It appears that summer time on the boards came early this year:confused:

Back