All-Star Cheer Moms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Even if you were on best behavior, the editing room can do wonders to produce the drama that sells. The amazing thing is go on FaceBook & see how many people are willing to air out the dirty laundry for the "sake of their child" as well as get a chance at notoriety. Hopefully, this will remain just a web-series. BTW - think there is more than one of these shows trying to launch. They are doing a huge casting here in So Cal. for the same concept

Hasn't this already been done? I mean, I know it wasn't massively popular but was I the only one who caught every episode of Texas Cheer Moms, and DVRed them and watched them over and over? Lol! It was about the moms of a Texas high school team and they fought with the coach and yelled a decent amount, I thought it was pretty entertaining, and still let the actual cheerleading look like the sport it is! Maybe it was only on in Canada, I think it was on Country Music Television?

I guess I wasn't here when the Illinois Cheer drama was going on... Anyone wanna fill me in? You can PM if you don't wanna hack the thread lol

WHY are they doing this to our sport.
tumblr_m1v7b6cTPG1qdi2el.gif

I would personally love to see this! (But no one outside the cheer world should.) Then again, I'm obsessed with anything drama filled like the Kardashians. :p
Even if the moms are drama, which I'm sure they will be since that's what they're looking for, I don't think it'll take away from the cheerleaders. Looking at Dance Moms, their performances are still amazing and show how athletic they are, despite the way their moms and coaches act (or are told to act). I also think it takes a pretty mature girl to put up with all of that production. Of course, a lot of people probably won't think about it this way. I'm just looking for a bright side I guess.

My gym got a call yesterday from some producers about a casting call for a new show called "Cheer Moms" and wanted us to send in a tape or something to tryout for the show (we said no). Has anyone else heard anything about this show or been contacted regarding casting?
I did too! I was also asked to be on wife swap years ago!

Ha after all the posts about how the sport will never be taken seriously just because of crossovers (that had to have been said at LEAST 100 times on here) How do you think the general public will look at the sport with this! Of course they will focus on drama DUH! and of course they will find someone willing to sell their dignity for fame! You know the producers were thinking what suckers would do this so the general public can look at them and think gee what ditzes! thats what will bring viewers! I guess the athletes being famous to other athletes (cheerlebrities) looks kinda tame now! BUT! how many of you will watch it???? it would die a quick death if its not watched!

there is cheer drama in rec cheer? Wow! We never did rec, went straight into all-star when my kids were in 1st grade!

More drama than you can possibly imagine, which is why we exited a few years back and went to All Star. Best decision ever, though we witnessed our fair share of drama there, too, until we found the right gym. But seriously, it was still nothing like Rec. :::Shudders:::

I will PM you since it was my drama filled world...:oops:
Can I get a PM also? one, because I'm nosey and I wasn't here when the drama went on and two,We have family in Chicago and are seriously considering moving back, after retirement and I would like to know what I'm getting myself and cp in.

Back