All-Star Cheer Moms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

They need to have a cheer moms all stars because HS doesnt compare to the competitiveness of all star gyms and their parents/athletes.

You want to know what high school cheer moms do.. I am walking into a new role as a coach and the parent drama from last year you wouldn't believe... It is STILL going on... so they may drive me nuts... it's in every sport!

It's everywhere...not just in cheer. It's actually very sad that some parents (I've seen more than my fair share of dads so I'm including them) ruin things for their children. This is supposed to be fun. Yes, it's competitive and you need to work hard, but you should enjoy doing it.

A production company has approached the owner and at least 10 parents from ICE Aurora about a cheer mom tv show. Most have agreed and are excited to participate. Not sure if it's just going to be about ICE, but pretty sure this isn't the high school show.
I personally believe there is way too much drama within IL cheer currently, I think like Dance Moms because I don't know any of them and it's just tv. Not sure I'd enjoy it as much when it's parents and kids I know? I don't think kids should ever be shown in a bad light? Jmho

hummm, doesn't sound like a good idea to me!! I have been around Illinois cheer when ICE was Illinois Cheer Extreme (then ICC) and those moms had a reputation for being snobby and not so nice but as the years went on and I met some of them they are not all like that but I think every gym has their share of parents who think their kids are the best thing since sliced bread and wants everyone to know about it. It's all in the editing and that's what I'm afraid of for them!!

I got this today from Lance Robbins:

To my Colleagues:

I am pleased to announce that the Cheer Channel has started production on a reality series titled, "Cheer Moms: No Time for Tears."

CHEER CHANNEL INC. ANNOUNCES PRODUCTION ON “CHEER MOMS: NO TIME FOR TEARS” REALITY SERIES

AUSTIN, Texas (April 23, 2012)---The Cheer Channel Inc. (CCI) announced today that it is starting production on a new reality series for cable, “Cheer Moms: No Time for Tears”.

In a “Real Housewives of Orange County” style, the show follows six cheer moms of one spirited community as their daughters’ gear up for an all-star cheer season. When it comes to cheerleading, these moms, who are former cheerleaders themselves, are like Texas dads with their sons in football. As their daughters fiercely compete for coveted titles, their moms become just as competitive in their lives too. If you think child beauty pageant moms are something to watch, cheer moms take it to a whole new level.

“With shows like “Toddlers and Tiaras” and “Dance Moms” on the air, “Cheer Moms”, which has been in development for a year and a half, is going to be a huge hit for us. It allows us to present a show with inherent conflict and drama, yet with a background of the electricity of these amazing cheer competitions as well”, said Lance Robbins President of Cheer Channel Inc. and executive producer of the series.

Cindy Villarreal, founder and CEO of the Cheer Channel Inc. and former Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader, wanted to bring to television the passion and the pain, and the joy and tears that she has witnessed over the years of cheer moms that sometimes go beyond the simple encouragement that one might give their child in a sport.

"There is something unique about a cheer mom. The sacrifices they make, the dedication to their daughter and to the sport, so much so that they take second mortgages in order to pay for the high costs of cross-country drives to weekly competitions” said Villarreal, who has attended thousands of events over the years, capturing footage of just this kind of experience.

CCI and their film crews have been working behind the scenes with major event producers who have allowed exclusive backstage access to the dramatic scenes that take place during the competitions.

During the summer, Cheerchannel.com and its various platforms, including the Cheer Moms Facebook page, and website CheerMoms.net, will air a 5-6 minute branded Web series introducing the cheerleaders and their moms and a preview of the show. The show is targeted for the fall of 2012.

CCI is currently wrapping production on its first scripted show, "Secret Diary of an American Cheerleader". The show will air as an original Web series targeted to tweens and teens that is sponsored by GTM Sportswear, PowerBows, Cheerleading Stunt Stand, Skechers, Malibu Sugar Clothing, Glamour Shots, Glitterbug Cosmetics, Chassé Accessories, and many other participating partners.

ABOUT CHEER CHANNEL, INC:

The Cheer Channel is the premier online news entertainment network for the millions of cheerleaders, athletes, dancers and fans of the spirit industry. An interactive, multi-platform and social media destination, Cheer Channel provides the latest emerging media technology to provide live and taped coverage of cheer events, trends, fashion, health, games, travel, music, education, original programming, and branded, advertiser-supported Web series for cheerleaders of all ages. Cheer Channel Partners include teen giant Alloy Entertainment and Alloy Digital ( www.teen.com ), DoSomething.Org, Union Square Marketing, and Lightwire Media.

is this going to be a real show...?

Umm..........
tumblr_m0s4ruAtGD1rr5b1oo4_250.gif

To my Colleagues:

I am pleased to announce that the Cheer Channel has started production on a reality series titled, "Cheer Moms: No Time for Tears."

CHEER CHANNEL INC. ANNOUNCES PRODUCTION ON “CHEER MOMS: NO TIME FOR TEARS” REALITY SERIES

AUSTIN, Texas (April 23, 2012)---The Cheer Channel Inc. (CCI) announced today that it is starting production on a new reality series for cable, “Cheer Moms: No Time for Tears”.

In a “Real Housewives of Orange County” style, the show follows six cheer moms of one spirited community as their daughters’ gear up for an all-star cheer season. When it comes to cheerleading, these moms, who are former cheerleaders themselves, are like Texas dads with their sons in football. As their daughters fiercely compete for coveted titles, their moms become just as competitive in their lives too. If you think child beauty pageant moms are something to watch, cheer moms take it to a whole new level.

“With shows like “Toddlers and Tiaras” and “Dance Moms” on the air, “Cheer Moms”, which has been in development for a year and a half, is going to be a huge hit for us. It allows us to present a show with inherent conflict and drama, yet with a background of the electricity of these amazing cheer competitions as well”, said Lance Robbins President of Cheer Channel Inc. and executive producer of the series.

Cindy Villarreal, founder and CEO of the Cheer Channel Inc. and former Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader, wanted to bring to television the passion and the pain, and the joy and tears that she has witnessed over the years of cheer moms that sometimes go beyond the simple encouragement that one might give their child in a sport.

"There is something unique about a cheer mom. The sacrifices they make, the dedication to their daughter and to the sport, so much so that they take second mortgages in order to pay for the high costs of cross-country drives to weekly competitions” said Villarreal, who has attended thousands of events over the years, capturing footage of just this kind of experience.

CCI and their film crews have been working behind the scenes with major event producers who have allowed exclusive backstage access to the dramatic scenes that take place during the competitions.

During the summer, Cheerchannel.com and its various platforms, including the Cheer Moms Facebook page, and website CheerMoms.net, will air a 5-6 minute branded Web series introducing the cheerleaders and their moms and a preview of the show. The show is targeted for the fall of 2012.

CCI is currently wrapping production on its first scripted show, "Secret Diary of an American Cheerleader". The show will air as an original Web series targeted to tweens and teens that is sponsored by GTM Sportswear, PowerBows, Cheerleading Stunt Stand, Skechers, Malibu Sugar Clothing, Glamour Shots, Glitterbug Cosmetics, Chassé Accessories, and many other participating partners.

The Cheer Channel is the premier online news entertainment network for the millions of cheerleaders, athletes, dancers and fans of the spirit industry. An interactive, multi-platform and social media destination, Cheer Channel provides the latest emerging media technology to provide live and taped coverage of cheer events, trends, fashion, health, games, travel, music, education, original programming, and branded, advertiser-supported Web series for cheerleaders of all ages. Cheer Channel Partners include teen giant Alloy Entertainment and Alloy Digital ( www.teen.com ), DoSomething.Org, Union Square Marketing, and Lightwire Media.

:banghead:

Why would "cheer channel" or something so close to this sport want a show that basically is focusing on the drama that parents can bring (and sometimes the athletes)??? I know that some people believe that any publicity is good publicity but that isn't always the case. Nothing good can come of this, at least it isn't on a major network for the entire world to see.

" pain, and the joy and tears that she has witnessed over the years of cheer moms that sometimes go beyond the simple encouragement that one might give their child in a sport."

lol if only my mother was that involved with cheerleading..

but actually i think this pitch for this show above is the worst thing i have ever read the amount of time i have spent explaining things to people about cheerleading and actually getting them to see it as a sport will be all thrown to the wind within a matter of seconds if this gets seen

Lord. Now all stars is the next Jerry Springer a la Toddlers & Tiaras. Tosh.O here we go

Great

i think this is the best way to describe it all lol

To my Colleagues:

Really
tumblr_ltpr0erbJW1qevix0.gif

Back