All-Star 'cheerlebrities' Promoting

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 13, 2014
I do find it annoying how these famous/well known cheerleaders will promote items, I don't always see the point. I sometimes wonder if they aren't really promoting it, maybe they just really like the product and want to show it off to their followers on social media. It also bothers me how all people jump to assumptions when a post about a product on a famous cheerleader's Instagram had been made. Maybe they are not promoting the product maybe they do find the product useful, helpful and worth the price and would like to show their followers. Let me know what you think.

I wonder how much Pump Up, Secret, and all those other app companies are paying them to promote.. It's definitely a lot. I know someone with 40k and they got 2000 likes per photo on Instagram that promoted apps and she told me all about it. She used some website (I forgot what it's called) but you just tell them how many followers + likes you get (they check) and then they pay you per photo. The amount you get paid is based on how many likes/followers you have. You can choose what kind of apps you promote (probably why cheerleaders post about pump up) and how often you post but you have copy and paste the caption so it's word for word. Anyways the person with 40k got $20 per post/$100 a week! Imagine how much the cheerleaders with hundreds of thousand of followers get.. I honestly don't blame them for doing it. Yeah, you get a little hate & people make jokes about Pump Up but come on, a couple hundreds of dollars for posting a photo? That's crazy!!

I know that's not the point of this thread lol but promoting diet pills is beyond unacceptable. They could seriously kill someone no matter how "natural" they say they are. That one really bothers me. I know it was discussed when it actually happened but this reminded me and I got angry all over again.

I'm curious how many people that are "over cheerlebrities" follow them on twitter, Instagram, etc.? If there are things that bother you feel free to unfollow or just scroll past.

Nothing annoys me more than satire sites so I've learned to realize them for what they are and scroll past, simple solution.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I've seen this happen with bloggers, too. 'Cause it makes complete sense for a blogger who wouldn't normally touch drugstore brand makeup with a 10-foot pole to have a post featuring that stuff, as long as they get paid for it.

And now I have 'money makes the world go round' from Cabaret going through my head.
If you haven't any coal in the stove, and it's freezing in winter and your curse at the wind and the rain..

I'm curious how many people that are "over cheerlebrities" follow them on twitter, Instagram, etc.? If there are things that bother you feel free to unfollow or just scroll past.

Nothing annoys me more than satire sites so I've learned to realize them for what they are and scroll past, simple solution.

I must fit this mold. For all the complaining about promotion and salsa etc. I haven't had a single thing scroll up on my feed. But I also don't follow kids unless I know them personally or they're on my kids teams.

i unfollow any cheerleaders who starts with the non-related, totally fake promotions. but there are things such as retweets, and the news feed on instagram. its not like if you don't follow them you'll never see it. and to me its the principle of it. I've gone on a long rant in one of the random threads but i refuse to just "scroll past" a cheerleb trying to promote diet pills to their half a million, mouldable fans who want to be exactly like them.

I don't know how many people have a Vine, but I see "Vine famous" people promoting things in their videos. It's no different, really.
If these cheerleaders are promoting things because they'll get it for free or get paid, maybe they see it as a type of a job for themselves.

yeah I've had enough of it. you're a cheerleader. how do apps, diet pills and the new hercules movies have anything to do with your sport
Eh....what does NASCAR have to do with the majority of sponsors on it's cars?

Advertising can be annoying, but it's what pays the bills. Anybody against it might as well just kill off all their social media accounts and half the Interweb. Otherwise you're just supporting the model, even if "cheerlebrities" aren't pushing products.

Back