All-Star 'cheerlebrities' Promoting

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I must fit this mold. For all the complaining about promotion and salsa etc. I haven't had a single thing scroll up on my feed. But I also don't follow kids unless I know them personally or they're on my kids teams.

i only follow cheer kids i know, which with each year that passes is quickly dwindling. i do follow some of the "official" gym twitters and that's about it as far as cheer goes. surprisingly, an awful lot gets retweeted onto my feed from the more famous kids. the salsa, included. i expanded that tweet and saw a heck of a lot of negativity towards the gym/athletes, which is why i asked bluecat about it. not because i'm losing sleep over the promotion of silly products, but because to some the promoting puts a bit of a negative light on the gym. i guess i asked more because i thought they said as a gym they would be reigning in the promotions and it seems they've just expanded it. for the industry, as a whole, i don't like the advertising and promotion outside of cheerleading-related products or camps, etc. i guess it's something i'll just have to get over.

i only follow cheer kids i know, which with each year that passes is quickly dwindling. i do follow some of the "official" gym twitters and that's about it as far as cheer goes. surprisingly, an awful lot gets retweeted onto my feed from the more famous kids. the salsa, included. i expanded that tweet and saw a heck of a lot of negativity towards the gym/athletes, which is why i asked bluecat about it. not because i'm losing sleep over the promotion of silly products, but because to some the promoting puts a bit of a negative light on the gym. i guess i asked more because i thought they said as a gym they would be reigning in the promotions and it seems they've just expanded it. for the industry, as a whole, i don't like the advertising and promotion outside of cheerleading-related products or camps, etc. i guess it's something i'll just have to get over.
I'm just in the dark on it really. I heard about it here but still haven't actually seen it myself. I think it's weird....not sure what cheer has to do with some of these products and that no one outside the cheer world would even know who these kids are...but not seeing it, it doesn't really hit my radar much either.

This is the reality of the economics of social media. There are big advertising dollars going to it, and 40k or more followers is worth money to companies. You can't blame these kids for taking advantage of it and saving some money or even turning it into a job.

As an example when I used to post videos of SSX, I would get an email from Youtube for any video that hit over 2500 views (number might be off, but you get the idea). I never took them up on it, because I would have had to get the permission of anyone in the video, but you know there are plenty of kids out their creating their own content and generating many more views/likes/retweets, etc than I ever could.

I know someone in the industry who now uses social media as a full time job and is doing very well at it.

I don't know how many people have a Vine, but I see "Vine famous" people promoting things in their videos. It's no different, really.
If these cheerleaders are promoting things because they'll get it for free or get paid, maybe they see it as a type of a job for themselves.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
ugh i HATE vine. the fact that people are getting famous, getting movie offers and moving to LA for making 5 second videos, just annoys me. i mean it cant take that much talent to create five seconds worth of vid.

ugh i HATE vine. the fact that people are getting famous, getting movie offers and moving to LA for making 5 second videos, just annoys me. i mean it cant take that much talent to create five seconds worth of vid.
A girl from my school got "vine famous" for lip syncing to a song...like seriously? I like the girl- she's a nice person. This fame has totally gotten to her head, though, and she goes around acting like a hot shot celebrity. I just don't understand.

TerRio is one with whom I have a huge problem... he is dangerously overweight (he only seems to eat nutritious food and work out when a camera is there to capture it) and being way too hyped up by his mom and his 'manager'. He is even being homeschooled now... the kid is only Vine famous, it's not that serious. Put the child in school, please.

Last edited:
Eh....what does NASCAR have to do with the majority of sponsors on it's cars?

Advertising can be annoying, but it's what pays the bills. Anybody against it might as well just kill off all their social media accounts and half the Interweb. Otherwise you're just supporting the model, even if "cheerlebrities" aren't pushing products.
Glad to see someone else thinks NASCAR with this topic. With each cheer plug, in my head I'm saying "I'm thrilled I won worlds in my NFinity last pass shoes, varsity skater dress uni, boho bow, Palm Beach uber dark tan, white rain hair sprayed-goody teasing comb-scrunchie held pouf!" You know NASCAR drivers have a class on sponsor naming?
For me, the difference is ALL cars on the track and drivers suits have sponsor stickers. It's their uniform. It's paying their salary and the salary of the crew who works on their car.
Not all cheerleaders are hocking shoes and sauce. Some families pay 100% of their fees. Can you imagine if these kids started putting sponsor patches on their uniform? Or sharing the residuals with their teammates who help them in the routine?

Glad to see someone else thinks NASCAR with this topic. With each cheer plug, in my head I'm saying "I'm thrilled I won worlds in my NFinity last pass shoes, varsity skater dress uni, boho bow, Palm Beach uber dark tan, white rain hair sprayed-goody teasing comb-scrunchie held pouf!" You know NASCAR drivers have a class on sponsor naming?
For me, the difference is ALL cars on the track and drivers suits have sponsor stickers. It's their uniform. It's paying their salary and the salary of the crew who works on their car.
Not all cheerleaders are hocking shoes and sauce. Some families pay 100% of their fees. Can you imagine if these kids started putting sponsor patches on their uniform? Or sharing the residuals with their teammates who help them in the routine?

I base Super Sally, I deserve 10% of her sponsor revenue!! Could you imagine?

i unfollow any cheerleaders who starts with the non-related, totally fake promotions. but there are things such as retweets, and the news feed on instagram. its not like if you don't follow them you'll never see it. and to me its the principle of it. I've gone on a long rant in one of the random threads but i refuse to just "scroll past" a cheerleb trying to promote diet pills to their half a million, mouldable fans who want to be exactly like them.
I'm not familiar w/a cheerleader supporting or selling diet pills. I just think in general (minus diet pills) people take it too far on their criticism of others.

TerRio is one with whom I have a huge problem... he is dangerously overweight (he only seems to eat nutritious food and work out when a camera is there to capture it) and being way to hyped up by his mom and his 'manager'. He is even being homeschooled now... the kid is only Vine famous, it's not that serious. Put the child in school, please.
i just cant stand that stupid Nash Grier kid. like if i ever saw him in public i would probably slap him, kinda hate. sorry. but he's a complete idiot, i cant imagine his parents being to happy, that or they're blind to what he is doing half the time.

Back