All-Star Discuss Your Usasf Struggles Here

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

US All Star Federation: Non-Profit Charter

Since we're discussing major USASF problems I was told by people on this very thread, by gyms owners, and even some EP's that USASF was a for profit company. If this is true, why is it listed on their website still that they are a "not for profit" company when it's very clear (by their actions) that they are for profit?

So let me get this straight. My kid in an "organized activity" governed by a body that is concerned about, and gone so far as to invoke rules on the width of bows, giving hugs on stage or being excited about hitting (when it's common place in every other sport), and banned a dance move that is essentially sneezing into an elbow, but they're not concerned with safety infractions like wet floors, crowd control, child neglect and exploitation (due to safety issues and having children expected to perform beyond reasonable hours all the while making a profit from their performance), and breaking fire codes by taping exit gates shut?!? :eek:

Way to set the cheer standard bar high and having priorities:confused:!

How has the media not picked up on this?!?
@UCFKnights07 did you mean to rate this bullying?!?

I definitely don't think waiting until something catastrophic happens is a smart idea..
I think something should be done now, and even if they don't do anything about it, "we" as in the people who have spoken, can say something like "well back in 2016 we tried to do something and we were ignored" when something terrible actually DOES happen and they will look even worse.

A girl in my town was struggling and she ended up passing away and after she passed away was when people started saying "I tried to help her, I told the school and her teachers" and it was way too late and I know a lot of people feel really terrible about not doing anything sooner. :/

Just thought I'd add that I really liked this part of the post. Ultimately USASF has to fix this but I agree that the industry as a whole has allowed this type of issue to continue. We've heard multiple reports of people (kids, coaches, officials, parents) knowing the problems before competing but did nothing. This is primarily USASFs issue to fix but the fact that NO ONE refused to compete is mind boggling.
What I also struggle with is that the conditions were likely to be similar last year. There were teams past 11 for sure, and given the injuries I would be surprised if the 30 minute warm up wasn't also ignored. Given the weather, the humidity was likely an issue, even if it wasn't as slick, and there were injuries and complaints about the floor. Yet these teams agreed to compete in the same circumstances. I guess I just don't get why it wasn't addressed already. And this is where I see complicity. I don't pretend to know what would have happened if teams demanded an indoor arena ( or if they did?) but I wonder about why they didn't state clearly at the onset of these divisions that they would not compete if it became unsafe, or went past 11 or they didn't get their aporopriate warm ups, since it was foreseeable that this might happen. Did the USASF make empty promises regarding fixing the conditions? Did Disney? I don't doubt that the draw of a large arena and the money and hype that surround these divisions would have made that an uphill battle... But it would have been one worth fighting, in my opinion. Ah well, I'm hopeful for next year now at least.

US All Star Federation: Non-Profit Charter

Since we're discussing major USASF problems I was told by people on this very thread, by gyms owners, and even some EP's that USASF was a for profit company. If this is true, why is it listed on their website still that they are a "not for profit" company when it's very clear (by their actions) that they are for profit?

Varsity is for-profit. USASF is non-profit. If you do a search in this forum, you will find a few threads discussing USASF's connection with Varsity.

So you have to be a big gym to advocate for child human rights?
Child Neglect:
Federal legislation provides guidance to States by identifying a minimum set of acts or behaviors that define child abuse and neglect. The Federal Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment Act (CAPTA) (42 U.S.C.A. § 5106g), as amended by the CAPTA Reauthorization Act of 2010, defines child abuse and neglect as, at minimum:
  • "Any recent act or failure to act on the part of a parent or caretaker which results in death, serious physical or emotional harm, sexual abuse or exploitation"; or
  • "An act or failure to act which presents an imminent risk of serious harm."
So according to this Federal Act quoted above all parents and/or coaches who knowingly allow children to participate in an unsafe environment (ie Wet mat, late performance) is guilty of Child Neglect if you consider these conditions an imminent risk of serious harm.

Very interesting.

So according to this Federal Act quoted above all parents and/or coaches who knowingly allow children to participate in an unsafe environment (ie Wet mat, late performance) is guilty of Child Neglect if you consider these conditions an imminent risk of serious harm.

Very interesting.

I think it would be hard to argue child neglect because of the late performance time... But I have no doubt that there would have been negligence charges had someone been injured because of the wet mat.

Very interesting.

So potentially, IF USASF was sued, USASF could counter-sue the coaches and parents for allowing their athletes to compete.

I don't know if anyone saw my Twitter rant last night calling for Steve to be fired but you would be amazed at how many people (and who) sent me DMs saying that I was right on target but they couldn't even like or RT me for fear of retaliation. It's a real shame, but Steve needs to be removed from running Worlds.

**I'm in the Hall of Fame but not for my mouth.**
This is terrifying.

Varsity is for-profit. USASF is non-profit. If you do a search in this forum, you will find a few threads discussing USASF's connection with Varsity.
Aaaaaaand if they were actually a coach, they'd already know it.

I'm a parent and I've known about the entanglement between usasf and varsity for at least the last 5-6 years. I smell a rather familiar, fierce, catfish.

A few notes about the photo.

The person that is labeled as Sarah Macrow (CEA) is not Sarah. This is Sarah, in the far bottom left corner.
8eihNap.jpg

The white male with the dark hair and pale blue shirt standing to the left of Darnell Harris (CEA) is Joel Kreider (CEA).

The guy that is labeled as Ben Pope doesn't look like Ben to me, but I could be wrong. The facial profiles seem different, but I suppose he could have been making a face.

I thought the guy labeled as Ben Pope might be Matt Parkey, one of the Shooting Stars coaches, I think it looks a lot like him but I'm not 100% sure haha :)

Kudos to those parents who found a way in to watch their child! It's ridiculous that a parent/grandparent would miss their child performing because of overcrowding! [emoji35]

This needs to be fixed ASAP!!! Give each parent a special lanyard with the gym & team name on it. That way they can be assured to get in to watch their child perform.

I hope at least one person is fired for taping the gates. That is a serious safety hazard. I can't understand why people are standing inside the gates like prisoners??? When were they trying to leave and not allowed to?
Do any English Fierceboarders remember what happened years ago, when 96 Liverpool soccer fans died because of a crushing situation that could have been prevented if the police had given the Liverpool fans enough room? People literally died standing up. The documentary I saw on it was horrific. I know that I can be a dramatic person, but my worst-case scenario-imagining mind can see a deadly crushing situation happening because of taped gates. This could have been horrific. Not only that, but isn't there a possibility that Disney could face legal repercussions for something like this?

These people (USASF) really don't care and it's sickening.

Back