All-Star Discuss Your Usasf Struggles Here

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We have had great experiences with several IEPs over the years, including Spirit Celebration, Cheer America, and United Cheer. Many offer tremendous value for your entry fee dollar. We would attend them far more often if it weren't for the pressure from parents to attend Summit bid events.

Yes.

There are parents who literally would leave multi-time world champ Mega Gym tomorrow if they found out that Mega wasn't pursuing Summit bids.

Yes.

There are parents who literally would leave multi-time world champ Mega Gym tomorrow if they found out that Mega wasn't pursuing Summit bids.
We can't have Suzy crying herself to sleep at night if she learns she has no shot at becoming the level 2B3.20234 "world" champion at the summit. I mean seriously... how would she be able to lead a successful life if we don't reaffirm that she is truly a winner every single time? (meanwhile the power$ that be rub their greedy hands together because they know we will stop at nothing (heck mortgage the house) to ensure Suzy's dream becomes a reality)

We can't have Suzy crying herself to sleep at night if she learns she has no shot at becoming the level 2B3.20234 "world" champion at the summit. I mean seriously... how would she be able to lead a successful life if we don't reaffirm that she is truly a winner every single time? (meanwhile the power$ that be rub their greedy hands together because they know we will stop at nothing (heck mortgage the house) to ensure Suzy's dream becomes a reality)

Too bad those moms are too busy pimping out their 8 year olds on instagram to know whats really going on.

Too bad those moms are too busy pimping out their 8 year olds on instagram to know whats really going on.

Part of me is curious to see how many of those Instafamous Youth kids will still be cheering in 5-10 years.

I mean, it's easy to be all #futurecheetah when your kid is 8 and stunting with college aged boys.

But what happens when Molly Mini is Junior aged and not so flyer sized anymore?

Or mental blocks on that full she's been working since age 4?

Part of me is curious to see how many of those Instafamous Youth kids will still be cheering in 5-10 years.

I mean, it's easy to be all #futurecheetah when your kid is 8 and stunting with college aged boys.

But what happens when Molly Mini is Junior aged and not so flyer sized anymore?

Or mental blocks on that full she's been working since age 4?
LOL off topic but how many hypothetical cheer names have we come up with?

Molly Mini
Chelsea Cheerlebrity
Chester Cheerlebrity

More?

A Gym owner himself told me that they were deducted points in the routine because the dab had been made illegal. I'm not sure about the other gyms but this is what the owner told me. Either he misunderstood his deduction or it is actually illegal. I will see if he wants to post his score sheets
This year we had a team get a large deduction for including that move in their routine.

This year we had a team get a large deduction for including that move in their routine.

Really??? We've had a "dab" choreographed into our routine all season! My daughter is the one who does it! It seems like a really strange thing to deduct for considering the amount of body-rubbing that is perfectly legal. I don't have an opinion for or against the motion, but it's popular and cheer routines are a place where popular stuff shows up. *shrug*

I'm new to cheer. After watching a few comps this season I thought I was getting a grasp on scoring. Raw score, difficulty vs execution.
Then worlds came along and I am even more confused than ever. I would love for someone to explain it to me that has more experience. Maybe even someone who has judged and understands usasf rules. I may start a new thread in the newbie section to help my curve.

Really??? We've had a "dab" choreographed into our routine all season! My daughter is the one who does it! It seems like a really strange thing to deduct for considering the amount of body-rubbing that is perfectly legal. I don't have an opinion for or against the motion, but it's popular and cheer routines are a place where popular stuff shows up. *shrug*
Definitely. And for the record (in case anyone is confused), the "dab" is meant to be an imitation of dabbing sweat from one's forehead, not dabbing marijuana. I can't stand the move because it's gotten corny now that everyone and their mom is doing it.

@Souldier welcome to FB! I recommend searching scoring threads in the search bar to start.

I love Kelly and SSX, but I'm shocked that the raunchy bits of their choreo didn't earn them a deduction.

Definitely. And for the record (in case anyone is confused), the "dab" is meant to be an imitation of dabbing sweat from one's forehead, not dabbing marijuana. I can't stand the move because it's gotten corny now that everyone and their mom is doing it.

@Souldier welcome to FB! I recommend searching scoring threads in the search bar to start.

I love Kelly and SSX, but I'm shocked that the raunchy bits of their choreo didn't earn them a deduction.
im confused after re watching that routine i dont see anything raunchy, the had a few booty rolls and over exaggerated snapping during baskets but thats all i noticed. I dont count dances simply because every team in every division does that.

im confused after re watching that routine i dont see anything raunchy, the had a few booty rolls and over exaggerated snapping during baskets but thats all i noticed. I dont count dances simply because every team in every division does that.
The booty rolls were what I considered raunchy.

ehh six girls doing a millisecond of booty roll that i honestly had to re watch three times to even notice i would not consider raunchy. ive seen worse from girls who are center flyers during pyramids.

lets not forget 2013 panthers routine had a whole squad do them.
I saw it the first time. And so did/will every outsider/potential cheer parent who watches that routine.

Back