All-Star Discuss Your Usasf Struggles Here

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So the money is going to be for scholarships for EVERY athlete that hit the floor at worlds or each gym picks one lucky athlete? I'm kinda confused :p

It says $330 per athlete that took the floor in Large Senior and Large Coed. So, I'm assuming it's every athlete that competed in finals in those two divisions.

Well, we finally have a statement. USASF needs a better PR department. It's like the Supreme Justice putting himself in time-out for 30 minutes in order to make it look like he feels bad about a decision. Considering Worlds brought in over 1 million for USASF, I don't think this money is a big hit for them. At most, we're talking 250,000, which is going back to the gyms who will then give the money back to USASF.

I'm glad they addressed it. I'm surprised they finally took accountability for something.

I don't think there should be any other option but to give the money to each child directly. Allowing the gyms to have anything to do it with it is not a good idea as the athletes probably won't benefit from it at all. The students should be deciding where that money goes. To them, or towards college. The gym should have nothing to do with it.

It is surprising that they released a statement, and i have no dog in this fight, but if i had expected USASF to handle this like a governing body should, i'd be dissapointed. I'm not because it's U$A$F and the way they solve problems is with $. It's a clever try, cause i'm sure many of the athletes won't say they don't need this money. Still sounds like trying to take a cheap way out of the situation - like when your kid slips at Walmart because of wet floor and thank god nothing happened but the manager comes running with candy for the kid telling mom they will "do everything to fix the problem for the future" and is happy mom isn't going to the doctors with kid.

Really??? We've had a "dab" choreographed into our routine all season! My daughter is the one who does it! It seems like a really strange thing to deduct for considering the amount of body-rubbing that is perfectly legal. I don't have an opinion for or against the motion, but it's popular and cheer routines are a place where popular stuff shows up. *shrug*
The deduction was not anticipated. The team hit their routine but received a two point deduction for a brief move that you barely noticed even when repeatedly watching for it. It was a choreographed move in their dance. Our coaches were not aware they were committing a violation. There was no warning provided. Enforcement of the rule appears somewhat arbitrary since I have seen obvious use of the dabbing motion in routines where no deduction was received.

Personally I have no objection to the move. To be honest I haven't found anyone who can explain to me the connection that ties the move called dabbing to the use of drugs. Nonetheless there is an association recognized by many no matter what the rationale behind it. And if it's a rule, stupid or not, they shouldn't do it. However I feel the rule should be clear and consise to prevent any ambiguity whatsoever.

Does anyone know specifically what the verbage of the rule states ? I know there is a rule about family friendly viewing but I don't see how dabbing violates that rule. There are a lot of routines containing moves and/or music that are obvious violations of that rule but those teams never receive a deduction for it. So I'm assuming that is not the rule used to justify the deduction. But, nothing would surprise me given the arbitrary nature of the assessment of the deduction.

Last edited:
Back