All-Star Discussion - Cheer Perfection Tlc

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

No way, I still cheer with no tumbling <3

I hate this opinion that you shouldn't be cheering if you don't have level-appropriate tumbling. Tumbling is only part of the sport.
So should I be reconsidering my decision to cheer again at 22 with zero tumbling?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
100% yes you should be cheering, and I will be cheering you on this season! Kids like Brooke should be cheering too, if that is what she likes to do. That's one of the things I love about cheer - there is a spot for everyone regardless of size, skill, etc. My heart hurts for Brooke - I am sure she has seen the twitter posts, and perhaps these threads, and I am sad to think that she sees the entire cheer world hating on her. I am thankful that it is summer vacation and am praying the backlash dies down before the poor girl has to return to school and be subject to the criticism from her schoolmates. As far as the cheer world goes, I think most of us are not making fun of Brooke directly - we are outraged that her mother, her coaches and TLC would put her in this position and that is where are comments should be directed at, but they are directed at her because she is the one who was put on television. This was editing at it's best - Brooke is the one TLC chose to spin as the girl who wants to make the "elite" (and I use that term SO loosely) team and has no chance of making it even though she isn't even age eligible and she wasn't trying out for that team! I think it is difficult not to direct our comments directly at these kids, but I hope everyone remembers that they were probably just excited to be on a television show and have no idea what the power of editing can do. I think the parents, the gym owners/coaches, and TLC are fair game to bash on - I am disgusted that they have put their kids in this position, but I hope everyone can go a little easier on the kids.

I cant help but wonder why they are only showing Cassadee on this show. they made it seem like she was the only one in the family that cheered. Cambree is pretty good for her age, i think i saw a video of her doing a tuck and she is only 5.

No way, I still cheer with no tumbling <3

I hate this opinion that you shouldn't be cheering if you don't have level-appropriate tumbling. Tumbling is only part of the sport.
Its also frustrating because girls like her probably make up a huge portion of allstar cheerleaders.

quitthedrama thank you. That's the kind of point I was trying to make!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Forward roll girl...boy is her mom in denial. Honey your child is not a cheerleader, she's 13 and hasn't progressed past level 1...cut the ties and let her play or do something that she wants to do and can be good at!

I never really tumbled and I was a good cheerleader. :confused:
I would've been a better tumbler if I would have had a decent coach my freshman year, she had no idea what she was doing...

cheergirl4444 I looked it up on YouTube and I believe she does! The video's fuzzy though. She's such a cute little girl! Probably my favorite.

Back