All-Star Gabi's New Gym And Team Announcement 7/6/15

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My CP is going to Worlds for the first time. She is beyond excited and it has nothing to do with Disney. She has been to Disney for both a family vacation and for Summit competitions. For her Worlds is the Olympics of Cheer. You have to be part of a Senior 5 or 6 team to have a chance to go to Worlds. It is a huge deal and honor.
I completely second this. I'm 18 and this is my 9th season cheering, and I finally made it to world's, and I am beyond excited. I've only been to Disney once, so yeah I'm excited to go around the parks when I'm there before hand with my family, but im mostly just looking forward to competing on the world's floor and having an amazing experience with my teammates.

There are some of us who don't understand how you could ever get sick of Disney, but I realize we are in the minority. You may think we are weird, but we think you are soulless human beings! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bwahahaha! I swear I'm not soulless, I'm just sick of Disney. I grew up an hour-ish away from the place and spent way more of my childhood there than I would have liked. We still haven't brought our girl's because I seriously have no desire to go---we'll likely change that this fall, but the idea of every competition season ending at Disney makes me sad. Truth be told, I'd rather fly across the country or out of the county, then drive an hour to Disney for the day.

Bwahahaha! I swear I'm not soulless, I'm just sick of Disney. I grew up an hour-ish away from the place and spent way more of my childhood there than I would have liked. We still haven't brought our girl's because I seriously have no desire to go---we'll likely change that this fall, but the idea of every competition season ending at Disney makes me sad. Truth be told, I'd rather fly across the country or out of the county, then drive an hour to Disney for the day.

I've been to Disney World a dozen times. I like it but it would not be my idea of a dream vacation. When our kids were little we took them a few times and the only things that got me through were: 1. Their joy, 2. Staying at the Grand Floridian and Polynesian which had concierge floors with happy hour and spas, 3. Alcohol (Which Magic Kingdom doesn't have)

At this point in my retired cheerleader life, the only Disney I'm going to is Hawaii or Paris as a day trip at the end of a very long, non-disney trip to those locations.

Though if I have kids who love Disney characters, I'd go. My family's most treasured picture of me is when I finally met Meeko and Pocahontas and the pure joy on my face can be seen a mile away. To date, I'm not sure I've ever been as happy as in that moment. That makes that place worth it.

shockingly disney ticket prices are 4 dollars lower then universal/IOA right now... i cant justify spending 100 bucks for either parks, thats just a crazy high amount for one single ticket, much less if your buying more then one. Plus all the money you would spend in the park.
when i use to work at Universal i use to always tell people to just wait and go during the slow season. Ticket prices drop to he 70-80 dollar range, and you wont have to deal with the madness of 50 thousand other people in the park at the same time as you.

As a parent, Disney every 2-4 years is a blast (kids like different things at different ages and seem to experience something wonderful for the first time every trip because they've finally become the age that they can enjoy it). Disney *every year* however, would get old really quick.

Last time we were there I felt that the most annoying thing was how you can't walk 10 feet in any park w/o the person in front of you stopping to take a picture, or worrying about being in the background of someone else's picture that they are taking! Yeah - I get that you're in Disney, but are you here to enjoy yourself or are you on a mission to make a photographic documentary for all of your social media followers??? It doesn't seem like other vacation destinations are so filled w/ people taking photos every 5 feet. Walking down mainstreet USA or anywhere in Epcot is the worst for the photo crazy people.

As a parent, Disney every 2-4 years is a blast (kids like different things at different ages and seem to experience something wonderful for the first time every trip because they've finally become the age that they can enjoy it). Disney *every year* however, would get old really quick.

Last time we were there I felt that the most annoying thing was how you can't walk 10 feet in any park w/o the person in front of you stopping to take a picture, or worrying about being in the background of someone else's picture that they are taking! Yeah - I get that you're in Disney, but are you here to enjoy yourself or are you on a mission to make a photographic documentary for all of your social media followers??? It doesn't seem like other vacation destinations are so filled w/ people taking photos every 5 feet. Walking down mainstreet USA or anywhere in Epcot is the worst for the photo crazy people.
Epcot may be the worst place for people taking selfies but at least you can drink around the world

As a person who has only been to Disney once in her life, I'd love to go again. My parents are itching to go again, they've only been twice.

I don't think we could've afforded to go every year for cheer but if we could've, I could see how the specialness of it all would wear off.

I still think it's one of the best places in the US to have World's.

I've been to Disneyland and only one park at Disneyworld. But I love them both. I would love to go on the cruise. Even though I'm afraid of heights and deep water lol

shockingly disney ticket prices are 4 dollars lower then universal/IOA right now... i cant justify spending 100 bucks for either parks, thats just a crazy high amount for one single ticket, much less if your buying more then one. Plus all the money you would spend in the park.
when i use to work at Universal i use to always tell people to just wait and go during the slow season. Ticket prices drop to he 70-80 dollar range, and you wont have to deal with the madness of 50 thousand other people in the park at the same time as you.
I don't think universal is worth ANY money... Unless you're a Harry Potter fan, than I'm sure Harry Potter world is just heaven (I don't care for HP).
City Walk though.... Anyone who chooses downtown disney over City Walk, I question their sanity.

This is why we're planning a trip during the off season. After Disney overhauled their GAC program which makes bringing DP nearly impossible, so I'm hoping going during the off time will help. Fortunately we can get tickets reasonably through the military, it's not a ton off, but it helps.

This is why we're planning a trip during the off season. After Disney overhauled their GAC program which makes bringing DP nearly impossible, so I'm hoping going during the off time will help. Fortunately we can get tickets reasonably through the military, it's not a ton off, but it helps.
Isn't there also a Florida resident's rate? Or is that only for park hoppers?

I find UCA and the Summit, to be very relaxing in comparison to the others but, DH and I just treat them as comps and avoid the parks unless our cp's have had to compete at Hollywood Studio's (all were at ESPN this year). NCA is by far our most expensive comp with flying and the weather is always iffy. Cheersport is just down the road but, you run a 10 mile marathon everyday to see two kids compete. Give me ESPN and 80 degrees for every comp and I'd be extremely happy.

I agree, I just don't agree with EP's writing in their bid declaration that they will not give paid bids to IO teams regardless of score/placement. If one of those teams has the highest score, they deserve that bid regardless of the division they are in. Not guaranteeing bids to any particular division, make it a level playing field with the best teams getting the bids. It just doesn't make sense to me that one team can be within the top number of teams of total paid bids available (ex: within the top 8 when 8 paid bids are being given out), 2 times in one season and not get a paid bid at either of those comps.
I totally agree! They seem to be penalized for being in that division. One thing that came to mind though. Wonder if since INTL teams have to compete 3 days regardless, EPs are less likely to give them FP bids since it doesn't really change their experience except monetarily. Still agree they should have more chances, but I imagine this might play into it.

Back