All-Star Gabi's New Gym And Team Announcement 7/6/15

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Supply and demand. There are far more small senior and small coed teams than any of the other divisions. I do wish they would be more equitable and give the International divisions more of an opportunity to get bids, but I don't see the small division getting more bids on average than the other senior divisions.
I have no problem with the number of bids given. I think for the past few years the truly tragic, scary teams are few and far between. The preliminary division was a great decision by USASF. You give teams who may not be as competitive the opportunity to compete and gain experience on an entirely separate day without interfering with the more competitive teams.
This>

My CP is going to Worlds for the first time. She is beyond excited and it has nothing to do with Disney. She has been to Disney for both a family vacation and for Summit competitions. For her Worlds is the Olympics of Cheer. You have to be part of a Senior 5 or 6 team to have a chance to go to Worlds. It is a huge deal and honor.

My CP is going to Worlds for the first time. She is beyond excited and it has nothing to do with Disney. She has been to Disney for both a family vacation and for Summit competitions. For her Worlds is the Olympics of Cheer. You have to be part of a Senior 5 or 6 team to have a chance to go to Worlds. It is a huge deal and honor.
sooo exciting!!! The Disney stuff (waffles, rides, block party) is all an added bonus for sure!

I've been cheering since 2000 and my first time having a cheer competition at Disney was 2004. I live in Tampa and I still LOVE going to Disney. Going to Disney with my team, and going to Disney with friends and family are TWO completely different experiences. I actually plan on doing the drinking around the world challenge at Epcot this fall, something I would have never done with my cheer team (obviously).

If worlds moved from Disney, I'd honestly just be upset that I would actually have to travel if I wanted to go spectate at worlds again :p

yeah, as the season was going on, i was so scared that OO5 might not have received a bid. (then they got that FP and i got ratchet for them). but i noticed that there's only one L6 team that has an FP and that's not cool. that division is brilliant. idk, EPs and USASF need to stop being stingy towards the IO divisions lol.
and yeah i understand the preliminary round thing you're speaking about. thanks for the perspective.
Not sure that EPs/USASF are being stingy as much as looking at the total number of teams in those divisions and allocating bids accordingly. There are some really good teams in I5/I6 but much less TOTAL teams compared to the total number of Senior teams.

Not sure that EPs/USASF are being stingy as much as looking at the total number of teams in those divisions and allocating bids accordingly. There are some really good teams in I5/I6 but much less TOTAL teams compared to the total number of Senior teams.
I agree, I just don't agree with EP's writing in their bid declaration that they will not give paid bids to IO teams regardless of score/placement. If one of those teams has the highest score, they deserve that bid regardless of the division they are in. Not guaranteeing bids to any particular division, make it a level playing field with the best teams getting the bids. It just doesn't make sense to me that one team can be within the top number of teams of total paid bids available (ex: within the top 8 when 8 paid bids are being given out), 2 times in one season and not get a paid bid at either of those comps.

There are some of us who don't understand how you could ever get sick of Disney, but I realize we are in the minority. You may think we are weird, but we think you are soulless human beings! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I do feel bad, because my kids love Disney. But I would rather take a vacation basically anywhere else. Although I am willing at some point to check out Disneyland.

Back