All-Star Glitter. Why???

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 20, 2012
Ok, so this is kind of going to be a rant, but with a twist of seriousness. So hear me out.

I feel like, when I go to competitions, of any type, I just come home COVERED in Glitter. Now this would not concern me if it weren't for the fact that I am not on the ground during my routine. NOT EVEN ONCE. So I am slightly concerned. I understand that many, if not most, if not all cheerleaders, wear glitter, or some assorted sort of alike body gems.

I am a male cheerleader, and was curious if this happens to anyone else, male or female alike??

Nick:)

Ok, so this is kind of going to be a rant, but with a twist of seriousness. So hear me out.

I feel like, when I go to competitions, of any type, I just come home COVERED in Glitter. Now this would not concern me if it weren't for the fact that I am not on the ground during my routine. NOT EVEN ONCE. So I am slightly concerned. I understand that many, if not most, if not all cheerleaders, wear glitter, or some assorted sort of alike body gems.

I am a male cheerleader, and was curious if this happens to anyone else, male or female alike??

Nick:)
I sold my gym 2 seasons ago and my new husband has never been to a competition....he still has glitter all over his clothes lol, granted I own a bow business but still. =)

The girls probably have glitter spray. If you are basing them, you'll get it on you during the routine.

We had a few parents complain about the fact that all of our CP's scalps were covered in glitter during comp season (mini team). One even said that she wasn't sure what to do for her child's upcoming First Communion at church since she couldn't get the glitter out---without missing a beat someone exclaimed "God loves glitter!!"---it's been one of our team mantras ever since that day.

2a0kmkg.jpg

Beware, if you're going to a competition, there will be glitter...everywhere!

But in all seriousness, when we go to competitions at arenas and we get a locker room for our stuff/to get ready in, the floor is always covered in glitter at the end of the comp and I've always wondered if the hockey players who use it the next weekend get it all over their gear :p

We had a few parents complain about the fact that all of our CP's scalps were covered in glitter during comp season (mini team). One even said that she wasn't sure what to do for her child' upcoming First Communion at church since she couldn't get the glitter out---without missing a beat someone exclaimed "God loves glitter!!"---it's been one of our team mantras ever since that day.
same at our gym lol does anyone actually know how to completely remove glitter? Most of us have traces of glitter left under our eyes and in our hair for the next week and it gets annoying lol any tips would be appreciated!

I stopped doing allstars six years ago, but still find red glitter on my things because I sometimes use my old cheer duffel to carry stuff home to my parents house from college. You know what they say, glitter is the herpes of arts and crafts (and cheer) because it NEVER goes away!!

I know this is kind of pointless but I guess I share my experience.. Whenever I used to cheer, especially whenever I was younger, I would break out around my stomach and chest due to being allergic to the spray glitter lol.

Back