All-Star Glitter. Why???

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I will gladly stand alone (*hair whip* *extreme*) but I dont like being covered in glitter...I dont work in vegas, and I try mostly to keep my clothes on at work...its just not my thing...I perfer less sparkle and more skills. if your going to use the reflective powers of glitter it best be to blind the judges from your teams bad execution

I used to love glitter..until one competition, it somehow moved mid lib section from wherever it began the routine to IN BOTH MY EYES - the pain! I couldn't see at all. As a base, I was terrified as I couldn't see my flier at all and was just hoping she'd land in my arms after the cradle. I managed to scrub it out of one eye before I tumbled, and stunted again, but still...not a fan.

I am a bit of an idiot though - I inhaled my own hair straight down my throat in a jumps section once - had to physically yank it out of my airway to breathe.

oh glitter, how i love thou and your sparkly appeal.

but actually i remember when i was little i was in a church play being an angel and the ladies in charge of the play decided to DUMP a whole thing of glitter in my FINE WHITE BLONDE HAIR, needless to say i had glitter attached and stuck to my scalp for a year and a half..

2a0kmkg.jpg
Sounds like a serious medical condition hahah

mmmmmm glitter
for those asking how to remove it from your face without wrecking your make-up.... I've always used scotch tape, works great!!

I love glitter. But getting in in your eyes during routine - not so much. And yes, i can´t get it off after competitions for some days.
It´s really funny because i usually don´t wear any make-up and customers at work always look at me a little confused the monday after competitions :eek:

i scratched my cornea from glitter. i. hate. glitter.

it embedded itself inside of my eyelid and every time i blinked (until the emergency eye doctor could fit me in, which took approximately 8 hours) it scratched deeper and deeper.

they had to numb my eyeball, flip up my eyelid, and basically surgically remove the glitter from my eye. i had to wear sunglasses at all times for a week.

i wish yojaehs was my coach, because jusdging by his hatred of glitter, that incident would have never happened. as he mentioned, most glitter is metal flakes. some from craft stores is actually glass shards. not sure which is worse, but both are awful.

you only get two eyes... take care of them.

Back