All-Star Glitter. Why???

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I hate glitter in the eyes!!!!!! To me it looks so tacky when it goes past the eyelid.. Thats why im glad we arent allowed to use it on our eyes. As for body glitter, I LOVE it! We get gold shimer spray and we spray it on our bodies, our hair, our bow , and even our uniform. But it doesnt look crazy like its subtle and quite goddess like :)

I like that~~Goddess like!

As the Parent of a "Glitter Queen" I have just grown to accept glitter as a fact of life BUT it can be DEADLY to the internal parts of a camera so use caution around your camera and related equipment.

CP, my husband and I can find a speck or two of glitter on an arm or a cheek at any given time. If its not cheer related, it comes from half of the stuff in her wardrobe. Her clothes are notorious for shedding glitter in the dryer and it attaches itself to everything!!!

As a former dancer and mom of a dancer and cheerleader I cannot remember a time without glitter. We do however only use cosmetic grade glitter that is safe for eyes and less irritating to the skin. I do remember using hairspray and craft glitter back in the day!

Okay. So I love glitter. I love how it looks (90% of the time) but my coach thinks it's tacky and should be used at a minimum because teams need to be skills based not appearance based.... I do understand the frustration though, It never goes away!

I volunteered at a local elementary schools fall festival in October. I had to face paint. I came home covered in glitter and I can't stand when glitter is on me.

same at our gym lol does anyone actually know how to completely remove glitter? Most of us have traces of glitter left under our eyes and in our hair for the next week and it gets annoying lol any tips would be appreciated!
tape works well to remove the glitter off your face or unwanted spots.

As the Parent of a "Glitter Queen" I have just grown to accept glitter as a fact of life BUT it can be DEADLY to the internal parts of a camera so use caution around your camera and related equipment.

Thank you! I really never worried about this, but i always have my camera and all the equipment with me at championships and performances and i will now be more carefull!

Correct me if I am wrong, but when did it come back. Back in the late 90's it was pretty much banned b/c of the fact it got all over mats and in eyes, and well, that is dangerous. I get "glittery" make-up and shimmery bows but SPRAY GLITTER.. AWFUL SUBSTANCE!

Back