All-Star Glitter. Why???

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I have had glitter get under my contacts, worst experience ever!!! I stopped wearing contacts to competitions and that was the whole reason I got them!

I don't have this problem with glitter, but with sequins and bling. No matter how much I scrub the bathroom floor, I will inevitably spot a bling or sequin shining brightly at me while I sit there...

ETA: #fameprobs

Ok, so this is kind of going to be a rant, but with a twist of seriousness. So hear me out.

I feel like, when I go to competitions, of any type, I just come home COVERED in Glitter. Now this would not concern me if it weren't for the fact that I am not on the ground during my routine. NOT EVEN ONCE. So I am slightly concerned. I understand that many, if not most, if not all cheerleaders, wear glitter, or some assorted sort of alike body gems.

I am a male cheerleader, and was curious if this happens to anyone else, male or female alike??

Nick:)

Soooo if your not on the ground during your routine then where are you? Floating above the mat while your team performs? Or maybe your a male flyer and you fly the entire time? This part just confused me....

I got a piece of dust in my eye at a softball game and it scratched my cornea so badly I had to wear prescription sunglasses for 3 weeks and use 3 different steroids for a month to get my eye to recooperate or I would have needed surgery. :confused: When I cheered in high school, we would put hairspray in our hair then literally DUMP craft glitter in our hair. Idiots....:banghead:

At my allstar gym last year, we would use the makeup glitter (eyeshadow kind) and it is not metal flakes, don't know what it is but its safe for your eyes. Its not glass either. However, it made a HUGE mess on their faces. Scotch tape didn't work, neither did baby wipes, etc. We have much more subtle cream eye shadow that dries this year. It's kind of metallic-y and it works much better!

My cp said her friends always know when she competed that weekend because she can never quite get all the glitter off for school on Monday.

...my son.... It's not glitter for him. It's airsoft pellets.

Dear lord! I'll be 70 years old and still finding multicolored air soft pellets...basically everywhere in and around the house. They can neither be created...nor destroyed it appears.

Soooo if your not on the ground during your routine then where are you? Floating above the mat while your team performs? Or maybe your a male flyer and you fly the entire time? This part just confused me....

I kind of thought this meant he didn't roll around on the floor at any point during the routine. But floating above the mat would be much more entertaining.

I hate glitter in the eyes!!!!!! To me it looks so tacky when it goes past the eyelid.. Thats why im glad we arent allowed to use it on our eyes. As for body glitter, I LOVE it! We get gold shimer spray and we spray it on our bodies, our hair, our bow , and even our uniform. But it doesnt look crazy like its subtle and quite goddess like :)

I took it as he is never on the competition mat. Like he goes to competitions but doesn't compete? Idk :p

Back