All-Star Hair Extensions?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I used clip ins to compete with no issues. The trick is to backcomb each section of hair so that the clips have something to be anchored too.

my friend used clip in extensions - they were quite long and she probably had same length you have now (grown out bob) - within 20 seconds of the routine starting there was what looked like a fluffly hamster on the matt!! big mistake!

I just used clip-ins this past weekend and they stayed in all day and all night when I forgot to take them out :$ I have extremely thin hair (like I can wrap my hair tie around my ponytail at least 6 times thin) and it didn't make it bumpy at all! I would recommend it for sure!

My flyer used to wear them, I think because her hair is so thin and short. They were clip ins also, matched perfect, and the only problem we saw with them was she would clip them in with her hair down, but when she put her hair in a pony tail the snapped part would flip up and you could see it poking out, if you were looking closely enough though.

But if you're wearing your hair down I think you'll be fine also. I put them in for fun once (she's blond and I'm a brunette so it was BEAUTIFUL) and they weren't going anywhere.

I know this is an old thread but I cut my hair for Locks of Love in March and I had super long hair and I'm going through withdrawal. I'm looking at extensions but was wondering what length everyone went with and how many pieces? I know they range in length from 15-24 inches and most places have 7, 9 or 11 pieces. Thanks for any help!!

I would do and i have tried it once just make sure when you get then fitted to your head make them the right way for however you hair is. there is a different way they need to be clipped for ponies, you can do it with the regular ones but it looks better.

I know this is an old thread but I cut my hair for Locks of Love in March and I had super long hair and I'm going through withdrawal. I'm looking at extensions but was wondering what length everyone went with and how many pieces? I know they range in length from 15-24 inches and most places have 7, 9 or 11 pieces. Thanks for any help!!
i would say find the length that you want your hair and if you have shorter hair now get as many pieces as possible, it makes it look more natural

I don't have any advice for the hair extensions but wanted to say good for you for donating your hair to Locks of Love. :) ::extra shimmies::

i wear extensions for competitions (well used to-since i don't compete anymore) and i also wear them for some games. my clip in ones always stayed it- they're worth the money

SALLY BEAUTY SUPPLY. You have to sew/glue the clips onto the extensions and cut your own pieces to fit your head, but it's $90 and was enough to fit my entire head and a half.

my friend used clip in extensions - they were quite long and she probably had same length you have now (grown out bob) - within 20 seconds of the routine starting there was what looked like a fluffly hamster on the matt!! big mistake!
Ha ha ha ha!! I Love how you just put that!!! A hamster!!!

I wore clip in extensions all last year for my dance and cheer comps and never had any problems.
I recommend getting the separate pieces (my extensions are 8 different parts) because it looks a lot more natural and you can place them wherever you need the most volume etc.
Extra pins are always a good idea, you really can't be too safe but I generally found the clips were enough to hold it in place through the routines.
Also, if you want to wear your hair in a ponytail simply put the extensions in upside down (clip facing the opposite way) and then when you gather your hair into the pony the clips are hidden underneath :) Easy!

Back