OT High End Makeup Must-haves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I love my naked3! I've never owned the lorac pro palette though..

My sister has naked 2 and I hated it. The colors were just so blah

I'm just concerned about the Lorac Pro being pigmented enough. Yes I wear eye shadow primer (white or a nude color) but let's be real....they truly don't make make up for brown girls

The Lorac Pro actually has more stars and better reviews (and is cheaper) than Naked 3 so i suppose I'll give it a shot

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

When you return makeup even if it's not used they are supposed to throw it away.
i was told that some stores (in the US) put them out as testers. i know in some parts of england all makeup sales are final because it's not sanitary to return them.

Having worked in cosmetics for years, I have to say I've never seen either if these to be true.

Used - return to vendor.
Not used (like CLEARLY never used. Liquids all go back, no matter what) - back on the shelf.

But never thrown away. (I've never seen any retail where you were allowed to throw things away, other than food. It always goes back to the vendor) I would have been fired on the spot if I threw something away!

All this to say... return it. It affects Ulta absolutely ZERO, and cosmetics companies build their pricing and marketing around the assumption that things will be returned. It will just go back to the company, and Ulta will get a new one to replace it (costs them nothing).

Has this thread discussed the lorac pro palette vs naked3.

I'm debating between the two

I purchased the Lorac Pro after watching countless YouTube reviews on that vs the Naked palettes. I have the Naked Basics but they are just blah matte colors. I LOVE MY LORAC PRO! I use primer first but they aren't lying when you hear pigmented. The colors definitely show on skin exactly how they look in the palette. Plus it comes with a little Lorac primer so that's a plus. It doesn't come with a brush like the Nakeds do though. The colors blend well and have a lot of variety. Buy it! Also they are coming out with a Lorac Pro 2 so maybe you should check those colors out before you decide to buy!

I purchased the Lorac Pro after watching countless YouTube reviews on that vs the Naked palettes. I have the Naked Basics but they are just blah matte colors. I LOVE MY LORAC PRO! I use primer first but they aren't lying when you hear pigmented. The colors definitely show on skin exactly how they look in the palette. Plus it comes with a little Lorac primer so that's a plus. It doesn't come with a brush like the Nakeds do though. The colors blend well and have a lot of variety. Buy it! Also they are coming out with a Lorac Pro 2 so maybe you should check those colors out before you decide to buy!

Thanks girl! I'm pretty much sold on Lorac.

I would wait for the Lorac pro 2 but I believe I saw online that it wouldn't be available in stores until the 29th? I need to buy something this weekend before I go to Miami. I want to take 1 eyeshadow palette in stead of like 50 eyeshadow things.

In case anyone cares....I ended up going with the Smash Box Master Class palette.

It came with more stuff.......and it had good reviews...but mainly more stuff.... I really needed one of the blushes....and a gel liner

Now can anyone suggest a good but natural false eye lash? I normally buy just whatever I see at the last second.

I've heard good things about Red Cherry, but from what I see you can only get them online?

I know this isn't makeup related, but I just got a brochure from VS Pink about their Pink angel card, and I was curious about how it works....can I sign up for it if I dont have a credit card? Or does it act like a credit card?

Now can anyone suggest a good but natural false eye lash? I normally buy just whatever I see at the last second.

I've heard good things about Red Cherry, but from what I see you can only get them online?

If I wear a strip lash, it's always Ardell Demi Wispies, but lately I've been preferring individual lashes. I wear the Ardell short lashes because they're pretty much the same length as my natural lashes and I can just use them on the outer half of my eye. It takes more time to apply, but I prefer having more control over placement. And I like that Ardell is cheap so I don't really have to worry about taking care of them. I'm terrible about removing and cleaning them at the end of the night.

I did return it hoping they had the one that I wanted but they didnt. I told them that I picked up the wrong one and realized it when I got home.

Did you get something else?

Side note... Now I have to check out the Lorac Pro palette!

Ulta had that Benefit promo and even though I didn't need anything, I couldn't pass it up. If you spent $40 or more on Benefit products, you got samples of the Porefessional, Hoola bronzer, Coralista lip gloss, and They're Real mascara. I bought Watts Up and Boing and I LOVE them both. Watts Up was the first highlighter I've tried so I can't compare it, but Boing is the best concealer I've tried. I didn't really care for Porefessional, but my pores aren't big enough for it to really make a difference. Coralista is pretty, but it didn't seem any different than your basic lip gloss. I love Hoola and I'm planning on buying it when I've used my sample. For me, it's the perfect color. Not too dark, but gives a little sun kissed look. I love They're Real too, it makes my lashes super long, but it smudges under my eyes throughout the day.

Has this thread discussed the lorac pro palette vs naked3.

I'm debating between the two

Naked 3 has a lot of pinks and browns. It does not stray away from those colors. But different shades. I like the Lorac pro because it gives you many colors. Over just your few colors. That's my person view of it. I love both of mine and use them daily.
But to each their own.

Back