All-Star I Dont Get It.....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 14, 2010
I have noticed that a lots of gyms have a different uniform for each team.
Not saying that there is anything wrong with them but why have so many different uniforms for one gym? :confused:

I have noticed that a lots of gyms have a different uniform for each team.
Not saying that there is anything wrong with them but why have so many different uniforms for one gym? :confused:

My CPs gym has a uniform for the tiny/ mini teams that are NOT crop top!

Then a uniform for all youth/ Jr/ Sr teams that is a crop top!

It only sucks if you crossover to one of both!

I'm not a fan of different uniforms especially people who give Sr 5 teams or something like that something different..

I understand not giving the younger ones crop tops but honestly it doesnt make a difference to me since my daughter is 6 in a crop top since she crosses up from minis to youth! I'd just rather 1 uniform so we didn't have to change! Lol

I love when the minis dont have the crop top! Because thats just way to young to be showing all that skin!! Alot of gyms give their top teams different uniforms like f5, cheer extreme, ace, and world cup. I actually like it because i think the uniform adds to the performance. I do feel bad for the lower level teams though when they dont get a good uniform. Its just not fair to them

The sad truth is that most lower level teams don't receive the same recognition as level 5's. Junior 2 teams don't go to Worlds and wouldn't get as much of a hype reaction as a team would with their Worlds uniforms. But most programs that have the money to get beautiful individual team uniforms have good uniforms for the teams who doesn't get special ones.

As a general rule I try not to question the judgment of my CP's gym. It's not hard because they make great decisions time and time again. This year we are all getting new unis. The coaches gave great thought and came up with a singular uni which could be worn in slightly different ways to be more modest for mini's and still edgy for teams up to level 5. Our level 5 team has a different, but equally cool uniform. Just for reference, only level 5 has a crop top at our gym.

I understand how one might feel that it's not right for just one team to have a different uni but in our case, the level 5 team practices longer and harder than any other team and since 'making 5' is a goal to our younger athletes I don't see a problem with treating those athletes to a slightly different uni. :)

I don't have an issue with giving level 5 teams a different uniform. In my opinion, if you've made it to level 5, you deserve something a little extra sparkly. It also serves as a motivating factor. I'm also fine with the same uniform for the entire organization, like how stingrays does it.
I do have an issue with a different uniform for each team. I prefer a more uniform (see what i did there? :p) look among a program. I don't like seeing a group picture of a program that's a mishmash of different uniform styles. Plus you get parents like Kris10boo who have to shell out lots of money to buy separate uniforms for each team. Different uniforms for each team just seems unnecessary.

Plus you get parents like Kris10boo who have to shell out lots of money to buy separate uniforms for each team. Different uniforms for each team just seems unnecessary.

Lol yes but at our gym- the uniform shoes and bow is all different from mini's to youth this year! Let's just hope they don't compete real close together at any competition. (youth also wears make up and mini's do not) but I seriously cannot wait till competition season!!

And back on subject I might be a hypocrite I don't think just anyone should get different uniforms just because there level 5- however like SR elite, Shooting Stars and other large and well known programs like those I think should have the same uniform as the other teams at the gym but maybe deserve a day2 or Worlds Uni for special occasion that is different and that the others dont get! Now I'd be ok with that!

Maybe it just depends on the situation! :)

Our gym has different unis for each team. It helps us parents because we know who is on what team when they're wondering around the arena. LOL

I like it..makes it easier to identify what team is who for some of the bigger gyms (like even f5 has different level 5 uniforms for teams other than the large all girl right?) I like that.

Once again, I'll say, just like the other thread about this same thing, World Cup individual team unis are awesome. Yes, it stinks if you crossover. I would probably complain if I had to spend the money on it, but when you join a gym that has team unis, you kind of go into the situation knowing you'll need to buy the extra top/uni. If you agree to crossover, you agree to all that comes with it.

Once again, I'll say, just like the other thread about this same thing, World Cup individual team unis are awesome. Yes, it stinks if you crossover. I would probably complain if I had to spend the money on it, but when you join a gym that has team unis, you kind of go into the situation knowing you'll need to buy the extra top/uni. If you agree to crossover, you agree to all that comes with it.
I don't think many larger gyms have crossovers. At least not in the beginning of the season.
From what I can remember WC has only had 2 people cross over from the beginning of the season ever. Kevin with Cosmic Rays and Odyssey, and Steph Schember on Lady Gems and Super Sonics. Other then that, crossovers only happen when there is an injury. (There have also been a few crossovers to half year if someone is needed)

But i personally love different uniforms. Having a different uniform for each team is the same cost as going to a gym that gets a new uni every year. But you are able to have your own look and it gives the lower levels the same feeling that a level 5 team with a unique uniform would have.

If you go to a highschool sports team. Why does Varsity have different uniforms than JV. Its the same thing as giving level 5 special treatment.

There is a correlation that can be made with individual uniforms for each team and the non use of crossovers. There are some exceptions to this.

Most gyms that have individual uniforms do not cross over as a rule. Only for extreme cases, like injuries. The expense is limited because they are able to borrow in most cases. It also gives each team an individual identity from with in a program.. Pride in the Gym and Pride in the Team.

Teams that have the same uniform I find utilize cross overs with in the program. Making it cheeper as everyone has the same uniform with exception of a bow perhaps.

Our whole gym has the same unis, except for our minis.
And we do have crossovers, so it definitely makes it easier. My personal opinion - i just like to see a whole gym look the same - no matter what team.

Back