All-Star I Dont Get It.....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

After reading all the opinions I understand tinys and minis not having the same uniform but why should level 5 be treated as if they are special. I understand that they have worked hard for their spots but what about those who can not reach the that level but have worked just as hard anmd those who have the talents to be on that level 5 team but are passed over?

well you can't look at it like " i'm not on the level 5 team i won't get that special uniform" for gyms who have different uniforms program wide all of the uniforms would have the same time and effort put into the design. people may have their opinions on who's they think are the best or may automatically say the level 5 uni's are the best just off bias.

Gyms that have the same uniform program wide with exception to the level 5 teams... well not everyone is meant to move up the levels. there are some amazing cheerleaders out there who aren't level 5 and i don't think not having that uniform makes them feel any less "special". if level 5 is your goal in order to get that uniform then get your butt in the gym and work for it. end of story.i doubt that anyone with the talent to make a team would be looked over unless there was literally no place to put them. for example you have one boy tryout for a team 1 boy won't allow you to be as competitive in said division and as a result he's not put on the team. something like that is the only reason i could see that ever happening, if even then.
If a uniform is is what your worried about i would re-evaluate why i was there. i feel like that should be the least of anyone's worries. "do i have a "special uniform" if said gym does that and you want it go get it it's a motivating factor, but otherwise...it doesn't matter. not even an issue. it is what it is.
i didn't pick my gym and i don't cheer because i love that uniform. of course i do love my uniform but the uniforms when i first started at my gym i thought they were hideous. so... yeah, it's all in how you look at things. chin up, positive attitude.

I like having program wide uniforms, they make you look more unified. From our minis to our open teams we all have the same uniform (with the exception of the minis wearing a navy bodysuit under the uniform). As for different uniforms by team, if it was the same uniform but different colour maybe I wouldn't mind because you can clearly tell the unis all come from the same gym just by glancing at them, but if there are completely different uniforms I wouldn't want to pay every year I change teams in the same gym (in 7 years i've been on 5 teams) and If I were to cross over at a comp, the change would probably kill me, since getting into the uniform is often the hardest part.

I actually like gyms with different uniforms for each team, like people have said above, I start to recognize the team by their uniforms, and when I see them on the floor I automatically know who they are, or walking by in a competition.

Back