All-Star I Dont Get It.....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Our Mini's/Tiny's have the same uniform (Non crop top)
Then all of our other levels have the same uniform and then Open has a different uniform.
We rarely have any crossovers from mini's/tinys but we do use cross overs for the other teams and then for our Open teams it's really just crossover from each open team so it works for us.

I don't like when gyms have every team a different uniform but I do like it if you have a couple different uniforms based on the age/level of the teams like how ours is.

Simply as a cost-saving measure, I will say that I appreciate our gym's use of the same uni for all teams (except Worlds unis,) plus we use the uni for multiple years. Unless your child grows, you won't need to get a new uni. And even if the child does grow, you can buy a used uni (hopefully) for a fraction of the cost. And we know at least a year ahead of time that we'll be getting new unis the following season, so we can prepare.

Our whole gym has the same unis, except for our minis.
And we do have crossovers, so it definitely makes it easier. My personal opinion - i just like to see a whole gym look the same - no matter what team.
Gyms like World Cup, Maryland Twisters, Cheer Athletics all have team unis and I think they all do look the same. Not identical, but it is very easy to tell what gym all of the teams are from.

I also dont think an 8 year old and an 18 year old should be wearing the exact same style. Some things look better on different ages.

Most gyms that have individual uniforms do not cross over as a rule.
I know a fairly large gym that has individual uniforms for their level five teams that have tons of crossovers. We had a boy on our level 4 team who crossed over to at one point THREE level fives, so he had a total of four different GK uniforms.

Our entire gym wears the same uni. Historically we have had slot of crossovers but we are moving away from that. Our other locations used to wear different unis and I didn't have a problem with it, but now that most of them do I is kind o weird because when I see our uniform I expect to know the athlete and now that isnt always the case. I wish our Worlds teams had different unis, but I'm sure their parents are happy they don't have to pay extra money for that too...

Simply as a cost-saving measure, I will say that I appreciate our gym's use of the same uni for all teams (except Worlds unis,) plus we use the uni for multiple years. Unless your child grows, you won't need to get a new uni. And even if the child does grow, you can buy a used uni (hopefully) for a fraction of the cost. And we know at least a year ahead of time that we'll be getting new unis the following season, so we can prepare.

I don't see where the cost saving is. Teams still need to get uniforms. I know at word cup they get new around every 3 years. If your child moved to another team there is always some one looking to sell a used uniform so that option is still available.

I would think it would be less stress to know you needed to get uniforms for 3 to 6 teams out of say 22 each year. 120 uniforms rather than 600.

i feel that if you're going to have different uniforms for every team, make the lower level teams uniforms just as unique and cool looking. what i see with a lot of gyms is that they feel level 5 is an achievment and should be rewarded. but for some, level 2 is an acheivement or level 4. so why should they not feel special being able to get to a higher level themselves. cheerleading isn't like high school cheer or other sports where you have to strive to be at the highest level for any kind of recognition. you can go to a competition and a level 2 team wins grand of a competition, beating out the level 5's. i know a lot of people, me included, who have tried our hardest and can't get past level 3. I'm happy with where i am, but with some of the uniforms for the lower level teams, i wouldn't feel special at all. although i don't necessarily feel like every team should have a different uni, if they do, i feel they should all be very cool and unique, rather than some of the drab ones lower level teams in a gym get.

i feel that if you're going to have different uniforms for every team, make the lower level teams uniforms just as unique and cool looking. what i see with a lot of gyms is that they feel level 5 is an achievment and should be rewarded. but for some, level 2 is an acheivement or level 4. so why should they not feel special being able to get to a higher level themselves. cheerleading isn't like high school cheer or other sports where you have to strive to be at the highest level for any kind of recognition. you can go to a competition and a level 2 team wins grand of a competition, beating out the level 5's. i know a lot of people, me included, who have tried our hardest and can't get past level 3. I'm happy with where i am, but with some of the uniforms for the lower level teams, i wouldn't feel special at all. although i don't necessarily feel like every team should have a different uni, if they do, i feel they should all be very cool and unique, rather than some of the drab ones lower level teams in a gym get.

I agree, for the most part at WC I think this happens. You do however need to take into account the the child that is going to be waring the uniform. A coach is not going to put a level 2, 3, or 4 team in a uniform that will make a child that is big framed feel uncomfortable. There are many different body types in lower level teams. Please do not take this as a negative. EVERYONE has the right to participate in cheerleading in my opinion. The uniform needs to fit your team, not just the gym

I don't see where the cost saving is. Teams still need to get uniforms. I know at word cup they get new around every 3 years. If your child moved to another team there is always some one looking to sell a used uniform so that option is still available.

I would think it would be less stress to know you needed to get uniforms for 3 to 6 teams out of say 22 each year. 120 uniforms rather than 600.

The cost-saving for me is that IF my child never grows, we would spend $300 once every 3 years. If the gym had different unis for each team, we would have to spend that amount each time she levels up. There's no guarantee that there will be a uni available, used, in her size, if she is placed on a different team the next year.

I think her point was that if say a child was moving up from level 2 to level 3 and their old uniform still fit then they would not have to buy a new one, therefore saving money.

ETA: Posted at the same time as mamarazzi

I'm incredibly against giving different teams different uniforms. Everyone in our gym wears the exact same uniform and bow. I think to do otherwise would make the selected team feel favorited and everyone else feel like second class citizens. I think even the Tinys and Minis should wear what everyone else is wearing. If we expect them to practice and compete like big girls, they should wear the big girl uni. Not to mention we have Tinys who cross to Mini, and Mini who cross to Youth. The only team in our gym that wears a different uni is our Tiny Exhibition team. Largely because it cuts costs and they don't make the uni in a size small enough to fit some of them.
20k9i04.jpg

Overall, One Uniform, One Gym, One Family, Unity

At the Marlins gym, levels 1-4 all have the same uniform except minis. Tsunami, Vortex and Riptide received different uniforms because they are level 5. But we are not allowed to put our team name across our chest because it is not fair for the other teams. For example, why can't Breakers get uniforms across their chest if Tsu has their just because they are a level higher? Its not fair to the other teams so we all will have marlins across the chest.

At the Marlins gym, levels 1-4 all have the same uniform except minis. Tsunami, Vortex and Riptide received different uniforms because they are level 5. But we are not allowed to put our team name across our chest because it is not fair for the other teams. For example, why can't Breakers get uniforms across their chest if Tsu has their just because they are a level higher? Its not fair to the other teams so we all will have marlins across the chest.

It is somewhat the other way at WC. Stars have World Cup on the uniform where most other teams do not. They just have the team name. Starlites for a couple of years were the only other team I think that was allowed to have World Cup on the uniform.

It is somewhat the other way at WC. Stars have World Cup on the uniform where most other teams do not. They just have the team name. Starlites for a couple of years were the only other team I think that was allowed to have World Cup on the uniform.
That is different from other gyms but i like that idea! I loveeeeee all of World Cup's uniforms! Tsunami might be the only team that can put marlins and tsunami on the uniform but vortex and riptide might be able too also but I haven't seen any of the new level 5 uniforms so well see :)

All of our all-star teams have the same uniform. The half-year and non-competitive teams have different uniforms, but my understanding is that's more about cost than anything else.

Back