All-Star I Dont Get It.....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't understand it, either.
Our minis-juniors have the same uniform. Seniors have the same uniform, just a crop top.
Our tinies have different unis but it's to help with the cost. They are exhibition only.

At the Marlins gym, levels 1-4 all have the same uniform except minis. Tsunami, Vortex and Riptide received different uniforms because they are level 5. But we are not allowed to put our team name across our chest because it is not fair for the other teams. For example, why can't Breakers get uniforms across their chest if Tsu has their just because they are a level higher? Its not fair to the other teams so we all will have marlins across the chest.
Does this mean Tsunami is getting new uniforms?

I like the united feeling of a gym through the uniforms. IMO if you have levels 1-4 in the same uni and level 5 has different unis, we all know that the level 5 uni's are better. Just like a JV and varsity high school team, varsity always has the better unis because they are varsity but that that isn't fair to me. If the unis are different but equal, then that would solve this whole problem, but not everyone is going to see it equal.

Does this mean Tsunami is getting new uniforms?

I read it as they can have it elsewhere on the uniform by not the chest (don't they have it down their arm and before that uniform on their back?).

I personally love the individual uniforms simply because it makes that team feel special for have their own uniform and look. They wear something different to separate them from the other teams in the gym because they are their own team. I also like the way Stingrays have the same uniform so to me it is just whatever the gym sees fit.

When I think of it in terms what crossovers I just remember it is that athlete's choice to crossover. If it is an emergency I would expect someone to borrow a uniform not buy their own. If you are crossing over by choice then you sort of agreed to buy the extra uniform. I almost feel like maybe gyms that do this know they don't have many crossovers and if they do they know their parents are willing to dish out the money for the uniform.

At the Marlins gym, levels 1-4 all have the same uniform except minis. Tsunami, Vortex and Riptide received different uniforms because they are level 5. But we are not allowed to put our team name across our chest because it is not fair for the other teams. For example, why can't Breakers get uniforms across their chest if Tsu has their just because they are a level higher? Its not fair to the other teams so we all will have marlins across the chest.

doesn't tsunami have their name on the uni? on the sleeve? i don't understand the distinction of having it on the chest, vs anywhere else on the uniform...maybe i'm not understanding your post.

anywho, at our gym the 1-4 have the same uniform (and it's gorgeous), level 5's, open, all-girl, coed, senior or junior...if it's level 5 they have a separate one. worlds teams have 1-day and 2-day.

I don't understand why people are equating different uniforms with giving some teams more attention or favoritism. It's not like gyms are spending hundreds of hours designing a senior uniform and just giving a brown burlap sack to their tiny teams. No one wants any of their teams to look less than their best on the floor.

Besides, a 4 year old and a 24 year don't necessarily want or need the same exact look.

My gym used to have all the same uniform until this year when our senior team (my team) got new uniforms that are different and a lot more sparkly and detailed, and I know a lot of the girls on the other teams are upset that only our team got a new uniform

doesn't tsunami have their name on the uni? on the sleeve? i don't understand the distinction of having it on the chest, vs anywhere else on the uniform...maybe i'm not understanding your post.

anywho, at our gym the 1-4 have the same uniform (and it's gorgeous), level 5's, open, all-girl, coed, senior or junior...if it's level 5 they have a separate one. worlds teams have 1-day and 2-day.

I think this is a fine approach. My CP was always happy to wear the Twister name proudly. They also had plenty of spirit wear available with their team names. The level 5's have earned their uniforms (and their parents have earned the right to pay for them ;)).

yes we have tsunami on our sleeve, the coaches just want marlins across everyones chest, not just team name but we are allowed it anywhere else. It was all the coaches decision

I know a fairly large gym that has individual uniforms for their level five teams that have tons of crossovers. We had a boy on our level 4 team who crossed over to at one point THREE level fives, so he had a total of four different GK uniforms.
That is just crazy, not only for the expense but what large gym needs that many crossovers.. ..or do they want to appear as a larger gym by having several level 5 teams? (just an example)

That is just crazy, not only for the expense but what large gym needs that many crossovers.. ..or do they want to appear as a larger gym by having several level 5 teams? (just an example)
I think the main reason he was on so many teams was because they needed a boy. The gym had 7 level fives at that point so they were a very large gym.

I understand how a different uniform for every team sounds like a good idea, but what happens when someone gets injured and someone several sizes larger or smaller than them has to fill in, and there's only one available uniform? What happens when a boy on a coed team gets injured and a girl is the only one able to fill in for him?

I agree, for the most part at WC I think this happens. You do however need to take into account the the child that is going to be waring the uniform. A coach is not going to put a level 2, 3, or 4 team in a uniform that will make a child that is big framed feel uncomfortable. There are many different body types in lower level teams. Please do not take this as a negative. EVERYONE has the right to participate in cheerleading in my opinion. The uniform needs to fit your team, not just the gym

oh i totally agree! the half tops don't look good on teams unless they're all bit like most of the level 5 girls out there. some, including myself, on lower level teams would not feel comfortable wearing basically a long sleeved sports bra around all day. while taking into account the level of a team, i think gyms should make good uniforms for all their teams.

Back