All-Star I Dont Get It.....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I am terrible at physics. Even if I worked hard ("the best I can") I may only get a C. This will not put me on honor roll, even though I tried very hard.
The same goes for uniforms. I think level five/six teams have earned a very nice glitz, sparkly uniform. Although some girls may peak at level 2, 3, 4, whatever, they did the best they can. It does not mean you reward them with the special level 5 uni.

This being said I'm fine if gyms want to give the seniors a half top or whatever and give the youth teams a full top. That's appropriate.

I hate level 5 teams getting better uni's, but I'm all for different uniforms by age and not by skill.
i agree to this by some extent! when you own gym and have a level 5 team that is always in the public eye, like a team that everyone looks up to, you want to put them in the best uniform you can. you would want them to not only perform amazing but look amazing while doing so. The uniforms you put that level 5 team in can be very pricey for the whole entire gym to have to pay even for girls mini age, so i think you should put the rest in a more suitable uniform for the rest of the gym. this is not showing favortism by any means its just showing how great those other teams are.

we have the same uniform for our program, with the exception of tiny team.

boys mini and up
328623_10150767070485215_904080214_20538142_6325181_o.jpg

girls mini and up with tiny boys
304263_2329644762749_1298638726_2770639_7804468_n.jpg

tiny girls
299647_1975046268189_1604060669_31802487_393909_n-1.jpg

I like the look of a unified uniform (oh, who's got the word-play now?)..although maybe a 'day 2' uni for the level 5 teams? or I don't mind a special uni if it's the one ALL level 5 teams get (I LOVE CEA's level 5 ones).. Then it's more of a 'perk' and less of a 'you're not getting something as nice'. Your athletes should be as proud to wear (and you should be as proud of the design of) your level 1-4 uni as your level 5..the only people at my gym who had a different uni was coed open-again, for cost. For the most part, cost and age are the only reasons I like different uniforms.

Our gym has different unis for each team, but we don't usually have crossovers. Crossovers are just for injuries for the most part, so no real problem with different unis.

I really don't see a need for gyms with over 500 athletes to all have the same uniform.

I think the athletes would feel special to have a uniform that shows what team they are on.

we have a level 1-4 uniform and our 5's get to wear a different one .
I like it cause its like another "bonus" for working so hard to get to the top level

Another reason may be that people know with Level 5 comes an added financial investment. If an athlete is on level 2 and just doing this to have fun, they may not want to pay an extra 1-200 for a better uniform.

I don't see how anyone can feel slighted because you don't have the same uniform. Or maybe it's just our gym..but our gym gets new uniforms every 2 years... level 5's get a different uniform than 1-4. I like the distinction between the 5's, you work hard towards being on level 5 and that is one of the perks. I don't think an 18 year old on senior team wants to wear same uniform as the tiny team.

i personally love it when other gyms have different uniforms for different teams. i love walking by people in a competition and knowing what team they are on

Me too!! I'm a fan of the different uniforms for the different teams. Although, I'm not so sure I'd love it if my cp was crossing over. :confused: I like how Supercells, F5, Shooting Stars, etc all have their team names on the front of the uniform (or somewhere on it). And, I am absolutely IN LOVE with all the Maryland Twisters unis. They are all so gorgeous!!

personally i don't mind the idea of each team having a different uniform. at my gym we all wear the same uni. in the past we have had many of our kids crossing over between team/levels. we keep them for two season cycles then get new ones. sometimes i think how it would be cool if every team had a different uni, but it really means nothing in the long run. if a uniform is your biggest worry then i think something's wrong here.
of course it's exciting to get a new one, and it does add something special to each team having an individual look. along with the ability to tell who's on which team, etc. i don't see it as a big issue. i am however in favor of a program having different uniforms for each team..
for example i LOVE all of ECE's uniforms. they're all so similar to one another yet different. in my opinion if an organization is going to go the whole different uni approach. ECE has the right idea.

Our gym had different uniforms for level 5 for the past two seasons, with our IOC5 having it's own unique uniform last year. Our uniforms cycle is every 3 years, so this year we get new unis. Apparently the level 5 girls saw the sample and asked for the one the level 1-4 teams were getting because they liked it so much. So we are now back to a program-wide uni again. Everybody from tiny to senior wears the crop top and shorts uni. Our half-year teams wear the old uni with the skirt, and the exhibition teams wear a rental uni.

I personally like the whole gym having the same uniform, expect like minis or tines have a more apporpite uniform. but I also like when higher level, such as a level 5, has a different uniform for 2 day comps and like worlds. I really liked what F5 did with the 2 different uniforms for each day at worlds!!

Latest posts

Back