All-Star Mid Atlantic Cheer--wildwood, Nj 3/5-3/6

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We never found any that were close by. Cp and I did eat at a diner one year but that was closer to the small bridge that brought you into Wildwood. The good thing about staying in the condo was we would all contribute and bring down enough food for everyone for every meal including packed lunches for the convention center. I am so happy we are not going down there this season!

I am green with envy! This better make me stronger and not kill me

I must admit, the gym we were from took over this nice little motel, 1 of the very places that was open and very close to the beach and a block and an half from the Convention Center. The motel had this 1960s- 1970s decorum and I do remember the first night eating at this Italian restaurant and they had live entertainment, we ate at a diner for breakfast on I think, on Pacific Ave, the best remembrance, our last night, all the parents from the gym decided to take over the motel's common area and had a team party and catered food from that Italian restaurant...

In retrospect, we were there like 5 years ago.... and the competition was called CheerTech and it was held in mid- Dec., like a week after Encore.... I actually like Wildwood and imagine, it is a great town in the Spring-Summer season...

I must admit, the gym we were from took over this nice little motel, 1 of the very places that was open and very close to the beach and a block and an half from the Convention Center. The motel had this 1960s- 1970s decorum and I do remember the first night eating at this Italian restaurant and they had live entertainment, we ate at a diner for breakfast on I think, on Pacific Ave, the best remembrance, our last night, all the parents from the gym decided to take over the motel's common area and had a team party and catered food from that Italian restaurant...

In retrospect, we were there like 5 years ago.... and the competition was called CheerTech and it was held in mid- Dec., like a week after Encore.... I actually like Wildwood and imagine, it is a great town in the Spring-Summer season...
It's still Cheer Tech. Their two big Wildwood comps (meaning Worlds bid comps) are usually December and March. I am not a fan of beach town comps in the winter, nor of Cheer Tech.

I'm dreading this competition after reading all these comments. Poor housing choices, questionable judging, and now poor food selections :banghead:
Lots of nice places to visit in Cape May. Many of the restaurants there will be open and it isn't too far. We have always stayed in Cape May or rented a house. The hotels are awful to say the least.

Not to burst anyone's bubble but because of everything going on in the world there are now bag checks. Only athletes may have unopened water bottles. All other outside food and drink must be thrown out. The food lines were about 45 mins at best inside the convention center.

Not to burst anyone's bubble but because of everything going on in the world there are now bag checks. Only athletes may have unopened water bottles. All other outside food and drink must be thrown out. The food lines were about 45 mins at best inside the convention center.
I waited maybe 5 minutes. I think the wait was completely dependent on when you stood on line.

Good grief!! Another thing to worry about

I wouldn't believe everything you read about the Wildwood Competitions .Yes it is held at an off season beach town and maybe the hotels/motels aren't the Hilton but remember you are there for a cheer competition not vacation ! I have gone to both with two different gyms over the years. I have stayed at the Mango which was clean and comfortable . It had a full kitchen too.I have stayed at The Days Inn and it was great because it's across the street from the competition. Condos are also a great option . The Dog Tooth is a good place to eat . There is the Key West great for breakfast and lunch ! There is Always Dominos , WAWA and McDonalds! And the people that insist there is foul play are simply sore losers spreading rumors and information they think they know . Compare the teams scores at Cheer Techs competition and this past weekend at Beast of the East and oops guess what .. They received pretty much the same scores . So is it a smaller competition ? Yes . Is it an opportunity for smaller gyms to get bids ? Yes . What's wrong with that ?

I wouldn't believe everything you read about the Wildwood Competitions .Yes it is held at an off season beach town and maybe the hotels/motels aren't the Hilton but remember you are there for a cheer competition not vacation ! I have gone to both with two different gyms over the years. I have stayed at the Mango which was clean and comfortable . It had a full kitchen too.I have stayed at The Days Inn and it was great because it's across the street from the competition. Condos are also a great option . The Dog Tooth is a good place to eat . There is the Key West great for breakfast and lunch ! There is Always Dominos , WAWA and McDonalds! And the people that insist there is foul play are simply sore losers spreading rumors and information they think they know . Compare the teams scores at Cheer Techs competition and this past weekend at Beast of the East and oops guess what .. They received pretty much the same scores . So is it a smaller competition ? Yes . Is it an opportunity for smaller gyms to get bids ? Yes . What's wrong with that ?
Pssst.....Santa Claus is not real. Neither are the Easter Bunny or the Tooth Fairy.

I cannot comment on the hotels though because we have stayed in a condo.

Last edited:
Well next weekend can't get here soon enough. I'm anxious to see if the good/bad are true about this event. On a plus side I found a somewhat decent looking place to stay for the weekend.

This comp is on the FlocCheer event list, so anyone who bought the NCA feed for the month can watch this too.

Back