All-Star Naccc Voting Today!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i'm not a coach or gym owner so i can't vote, but is there a list of the proposed rule changes? i'd love to take a look.

Are NACCC votes binding or just "suggestions" to the folks who officially make the rules? I feel like it's the latter based in the death of the double double announcement a few years back.

I'm completely interested in what the discussion in though, especially as it relates to the age grid.

I agree with @yojeahs. If you are eligible to vote, vote. If you don't vote, why complain?

I think the reason there is not more talk of the rule changes here is because that is going on in the ASGA page.
Most fierceboarders can't vote and when we talk of rule changes we get the brush off or run around from the few "powers that be" that are on this board. FWIW, I sent a rules proposal to the suggested individual at the PAC (this was how I was advised to do so since I can't vote or be a member of USASF) well over a week ago and did not even receive an acknowledgement.

Most fierceboarders can't vote and when we talk of rule changes we get the brush off or run around from the few "powers that be" that are on this board. FWIW, I sent a rules proposal to the suggested individual at the PAC (this was how I was advised to do so since I can't vote or be a member of USASF) well over a week ago and did not even receive an acknowledgement.
Legit question: do the PAC members have a vote? Or are they just supposed to be the conduit for funneling information to the people who do?

If nobody minds me asking, what are the potential rule changes?

ETA: Just read them... but wouldn't this mean that we go back to the old coed divisions, if the vote supports it.

Last edited:
Legit question: do the PAC members have a vote? Or are they just supposed to be the conduit for funneling information to the people who do?
I believe in the "release" thread it was confirmed that they have no say whatsoever, but I was still advised that I should send the proposal to a representative within the PAC, which I did. With no response.

I reviewed the rule proposals - the only one that I had heard was even on the radar was the age change for the Senior 5 divisions. I am shocked with reading the majority of them. Adding divisions?? Renaming divisions? Numbers 4-12 leave me SMH - there are so many other issues to put on the table over those!

http://usasfrules.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/USASF-VOTING-SLATE-2014.pdf

PAC has no vote. Who did you send it to?

Are NACCC votes binding or just "suggestions" to the folks who officially make the rules? I feel like it's the latter based in the death of the double double announcement a few years back.

I'm completely interested in what the discussion in though, especially as it relates to the age grid.

It is a glorified opinion poll. The unelected Board of Directors has the ability to pass whatever rules they wish, regardless of NACCC vote, Rules Committee suggestion, or NAB directive. Our votes are like notes in a suggestion box. They claim to have "learned their lesson" the last time they strayed too far away from the coaches wishes, but to my knowledge they never actually gave up their power to make the rules unilaterally.

Does anyone know how long it usually takes for actions or even discussions to take place about the "results"?

Does anyone know how long it usually takes for actions or even discussions to take place about the "results"?

well, the rules proposed are for next season... so anywhere from now until april/may-ish 2015 (hopefully so age grids and team sizes are out in time for tryouts.)

i do recall being on the boards for the last voting and i want to say ~half of the votes were "overturned" and the powers that be did whatever they wanted, anyway, so i don't really get the point of the vote.

Does anyone know what changes the board are most likely going to make?

PAC has no vote. Who did you send it to?
I can't quote from a different thread, but below (in bold) was @CharlotteASMom suggestion and I took her advice. I searched extensively and was unable to find contact information for Scott or Fernando. The PAC facebook page does not have contact information and does not have the ability to send direct messages. I sent Fernando a direct message through fierceboard. It was not how I would have preferred to get the information into the hands of anyone at PAC, but it was the only option that I could find and I know he is on the boards regularly. I'm hoping it perhaps got lost in the shuffle somewhere.

The PAC's primary focus is to communicate between the parents and the USASF. They read and listen to what parents are saying and forward that info to the USASF and likewise dispense information back out. I phased myself out over the last year as my daughter hasn't been competing for 3 years now. Scott Pierson and Fernando Molina are leading now and have quite a few conference calls and meetings scheduled with the USASF.

To piggyback on your other comment. If I had the time and inclination to change the rule then I would put together a proposal that specifically addressed what I'd like to see changed. I'd make sure this proposal took into account all views: gym, athlete, parent, EP, and USASF perspectives. I'd discuss and get sign-ons from several coaches at different programs. I'd forward the proposal to the USASF-PAC and get their blessing and at that point I'd start communicating with any USASF staff member that was willing to listen.

Back